• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) 19/5/21 (6pm, Sky) - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are currently crap at home and have only scored a max. of 1 goal in each of the last 9 home games, mainly from set pieces.

We need Boly at the back, and I think our MOM against Spurs must be knackered so I'd give him a rest and try Hoever in the back line, which is supposed to be his natural position.

Rui is easily our best keeper but his lack of confidence is evident so I am picking Ruddy in my team as he will come off his line, punch the ball and is a big unit who won't be bullied.

----------------Ruddy--------------
--------Hoever------Boly------------
Semedo---------------------RAN
----------Neves-----Saiss--------
Traore-------MGW--------Vitinha
----------------Fabio--------------

Subs:- Rui, Coady, Marcal, Otasowie(if fit), Dendonkey, WJoker, Moutinho, Corbeano

It’d be entertaining with Ruddy, Hoever and Boly together at least.

jllkcvY.png

I mean it's a decent chance but I wouldn't call it a sitter.

Saiss tamely nodding at Lloris was way worse.
Harder than MGWs open goal last week but people defended him for that.

I've read a few Wolves fans saying Ruddy has never let us down, just shows how crap the memories are Stoke, Villa, the Semi Final, Shrewsbury, i'm sure there are more.

I think it's harsh to remember Ruddy for a couple of dodgy games/moments.
Last season he let in poor goals v Villa but then had 2 very solid games v Man Utd. Having games months apart is not easy.
Would pick Ruddy over a hell of a lot of the back up keepers in this Division.

Last edited:
I've read a few Wolves fans saying Ruddy has never let us down, just shows how crap the memories are Stoke, Villa, the Semi Final, Shrewsbury, i'm sure there are more.
For me they were proper mistakes. But that is pretty much the entire list in his Wolves career. There are very few I can think of when I am saying he should do better. Where as Rui has let in a couple of howlers, but half a dozen in the category of should be doing better. I do think it is fair comment to say both are on the decline. Remember we only got to the semi final because of a one handed world class save from Ruddy against Liverpool . https://j.gifs.com/ywPXB6.gif

Fabio isn’t fit to lace Ronaldo’s boots, nowhere near the same impact even at 18.

He’s going to be a decent player but never worth what we paid, he’s just not quick enough (he’s much slower than Kane is now).
Yet the records are identical, and i remember the opposing fans giving Ronaldo pelters as did some Pundits because he had a big price tag, and was not doing it.

Dont try and use something to fit your Silva is Shit narrative when actually its untrue.

Not the same impact yet identical records, and if he gets 1 more goal or assist he beats Ronaldo's 1st season record, playing in a far harder position as a young player.

I thi k he only needs 5 goals before his 20th Birthday to be the leading Portuguese teenager goal scorer.

You obviously haven't been watching the games and seem to be focusing too much on stats. He missed an absolute gift yesterday and was put through at least 3 times and none of those shots hit the target. A quicker striker gets on the end of those chances and we score at least one. One of them was in almost the exact same position Raul received the ball from Jota last season.

He's just too bloody slow to get on the end of some of these through balls and when you're being outpaced by Eric Dier there's an issue. Nothing wrong with his brain and he looks like he can finish most of the time but he isn't a future Haaland.
Yet in the first half the co-commentator commented how Fabio had the pace on the Spurs defence.
Again your using wrong Information to try and fit your Fabio is fucking shit narrative.

He outpaced, both Spurs centre halfs plenty.

I actually thought he had added half a yard over the season.
He is not slow, he is fucking young, and actually has had a good season for an 18 year old Centre forward, his 2nd season will be ok, learning from Raul playing Cup games having a few leafue games when Raul needs that rest.

Silva will be some fucking player.

Yet the records are identical, and i remember the opposing fans giving Ronaldo pelters as did some Pundits because he had a big price tag, and was not doing it.

Dont try and use something to fit your Silva is Shit narrative when actually its untrue.

Not the same impact yet identical records, and if he gets 1 more goal or assist he beats Ronaldo's 1st season record, playing in a far harder position as a young player.

I thi k he only needs 5 goals before his 20th Birthday to be the leading Portuguese teenager goal scorer.
Trincao had 15, João Felix 29 before they were 20 so not sure how you work that out. Silva has 5.

Neves had 10 goals before he was 20 so not sure what stats you are referring to.

We disagree on Silva being nowhere near ready, that's just opinion

Yet in the first half the co-commentator commented how Fabio had the pace on the Spurs defence.
Again your using wrong Information to try and fit your Fabio is fucking shit narrative.

He is not slow, he is fucking young, and actually has had a good season for an 18 year old Centre forward, his 2nd season will be ok, learning from Raul playing Cup games having a few leafue games when Raul needs that rest.

This is laughable rubbish, he didn't outpace anybody. He got caught by Eric Diet twice, once when Dier had to turn.

I've seen enough players to know Silva is slow and whilst he may well be a good player he doesn't have the physical attributes to be a top player and I don't think he ever will.

This is laughable rubbish, he didn't outpace anybody. He got caught by Eric Diet twice, once when Dier had to turn.

I've seen enough players to know Silva is slow and whilst he may well be a good player he doesn't have the physical attributes to be a top player and I don't think he ever will.
Bookmarking that last para....IMHO, he has the instinct and movement, but he isn’t really strong or quick - the former may still be enough to outweigh the latter, and make him highly effective in and around the box

Bookmarking that last para....IMHO, he has the instinct and movement, but he isn’t really strong or quick - the former may still be enough to outweigh the latter, and make him highly effective in and around the box
Yep, don't disagree with that and he can certainly be an effective forward as his brain is excellent for an 18 year old.

I think he's more suited to Spain than the PL in that he can play against less physical and slower defences in the main and his technical ability will not be found wanting.

If he has a career in the PL it will be in a pair where he can use his brain to get him into position like David Silva.

The difference in stature between 18/19 year olds and 20/21/22 year olds is significant. This is evident even at u23 level.

You then take 18/19 year olds and put them up against seasoned, mature pro's and if they're finding ways to contribute they probably aren't shit. They will only get better as the difference in physical strength becomes less and less. Silva obviously needs to be stronger, thinking that he's as strong now as he's ever going to be is daft.

Fabio has got so much development in him. It's not just that there's a difference in stature between players that are 18/19 and ones that are 20/21 but players of the same age develop at different rates too. He's never going to be rapid but he's already quicker now than he was at the start of the season and i don't think that will hold him back, he will also gain strength and muscle which will help him compete physically in this league. For me we've already seen that in a side that look to play football and get players in and around a striker rather than leaving them isolated and expecting them to be Raul that he can be effective at 18. He's going to have learned so much from this season.

Any talk of him going on loan is just nonsense and he wouldn't get anything from it now. He's already proved imo that he can play at this level for what we will need next season with Raul back and loans barely work these days unless the manager who takes them has some link with them such as Lampard and Mount. I think fans just need to be patient with him and expect more from Nuno and his staff in developing a style of play where our striker isn't 25 yards from the nearest teammate.

Sorry, I should quantify highest Portuguese teenager scorer in the Premier league

At times i cannot edit or quote certain posts

I think it's harsh to remember Ruddy for a couple of dodgy games/moments.
Last season he let in poor goals v Villa but then had 2 very solid games v Man Utd. Having games months apart is not easy.
Would pick Ruddy over a hell of a lot of the back up keepers in this Division.
Agree totally, and he was, to be fair, really good for Nuno's 1st season too.
Still think your defence of him is merely the GK union sticking together though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back