• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) 20/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit, I've never been as struck by Moutinho as most people on here.

Maybe I'm just a troglodyte who doesn't appreciate some of the subtlety of his play, but (especially in the last couple of seasons) he seems to be a tidy but ultimately conservative figure to me?

Wouldn't have him in my top 5 favourites of the Fosun era 🤷‍♂️
He was sublime pre Covid, better than Neves imo. Completely dictated the pace of the game and how we played. His powers have progressively diminished since then and now is time to say goodbye.

Fwiw I think Neves has taken it to a level even higher in the last couple of seasons

I've always got Neves, and of course I get that Joao is nearing the end of his career. Maybe his skillset just doesn't do it for me.

He's still a handsome little bleeder

Maybe I'm just a troglodyte who doesn't appreciate some of the subtlety of his play, but (especially in the last couple of seasons) he seems to be a tidy but ultimately conservative figure to me?

Go on, who’s your top 5?

Neves
Jimenez
Jota
Moutinho
Coady

Boly just misses out.

He's still Fosun era even if he was signed before then. It was Nuno who shifted him to CB.

Neves
Jimenez
Jota
Moutinho
Coady

Boly just misses out.
Wouldn't disagree with that list much, but would have Boly over Coady who could play in one place only - Boly was imperious for a year or so.

Moutinho when he first arrived (and I still can't understand how we got him for only £5M) was a genius - always on the turn & knew where the ball was going onto before he had it.

Was coming up for this game, but had to cancel as still having problems with an eye after an operation - no way can I drive yet & wouldn't be able to see much of the game really. Will miss some of them that go, but life & times move on.

Go on, who’s your top 5?

Neves, Jota, Raul, Boly obviously. Probably have enjoyed watching Saiss, peak Jonny and Neto more than Joao too tbh (not saying they're better players, just favourites)!

Neves, Jota, Raul, Boly obviously. Probably have enjoyed watching Saiss, peak Jonny and Neto more than Joao too tbh (not saying they're better players, just favourites)!
It’s okay to be wrong now and again.

Mate, I love you but no way.

Possibly his last hurrah at his very top level but go and watch his performance at Old Trafford last season.

Even this season he has contributed in a much lesser role.

Personal favourites of the Fosun era:

Moutinho
Neves
Jota
Raul
Douglas (accepting we made the right call to cut him loose)

Yep, must have a bit of a blind spot in some way.

Remember I've defended Doc and Adama on here numerous times in the past, so fuck my eyes I guess!
I’m the last person who can have a serious go over rating or not rating players tbf.

I’d probably have Cav in my top 5.

I fucking loved Helder and Barry in the Champ. Alf was pretty sweet too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back