• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) 20/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Final home game of a season I won't be sorry to wave goodbye to (that said, it's better than I felt about us a year ago).

I keep seeing people predicting Everton to beat us all over the place, logically this shouldn't happen as we have won 7 of our last 9 home games, haven't even conceded at Molineux for two months and they aren't very good at all. But then they did pan Brighton 5-1 away. So who knows.

Anyway, we do need to match them up for effort and intensity, that goes without saying. I don't quite have the Everton hate some have (they really do not just cling on to survival most seasons, not sure where that myth has come from) but Dyche is a bellend, I won't shed any tears if we help condemn him.

I say Coady should join our lap of honour if we win.

I would have actually been minded to throw Fraser a start in what is for us a complete nothing game given that Raul and Costa are about as threatening as George from Rainbow, but he's off to India with an U19 squad of ours.

Moutinho has to be thrown a sub appearance to say goodbye, it'll be very sad to watch him for the final time. I know that keeping him any longer is unsustainable but that doesn't make it any less sad. Best player I've ever seen for Wolves.

------------------------------------Bentley---------------------------------

Semedo-------------------Dawson----------------Kilman-----------Toti

Matheus------------------Lemina-----------------Neves-----------Sarabia

------------------------------------Cunha------------------------------------

------------------------------------Costa-----------------------------------------

2022/23: W 2-1 (A)
2021/22: W 2-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2019/20: W 3-0 (H), L 2-3 (A)
2018/19: D 2-2 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2011/12: D 0-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: L 0-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 2-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)

I'm predicting Everton beat us in hope of jinxing them tbf. But part of me worries we won't take the game seriously. Essentially your team, could make arguments for starting Bueno but that's about it.

I meant more in general, not on TWF!

"Wolves will be on the beach so it's a good opportunity for Everton"

But we're actually really good at home?

Reactions: jlo
If he plays Bentley I think that's a good indication he wants rid of Sa, rather than it being a reward for being a good influence last week.

We are better than Everton, therefore we should beat them, but there are numerous examples at this time of year of the team wanting it beating the one who goes through the motions. Up to Lopetegui to make sure the mentality is right

Moutinho, Jonny and Raul all on the bench for a token farewell appearance if the situation makes it appropriate

I'm not sure why Toti Gomes is starting ahead of Bueno. Toti isn't a bad player to have in the squad as he can cover a couple of positions but he's not as good a left back as Bueno and he shouldn't be starting over him for me.

I'm not sure why Toti Gomes is starting ahead of Bueno. Toti isn't a bad player to have in the squad as he can cover a couple of positions but he's not as good a left back as Bueno and he shouldn't be starting over him for me.
These hardly ever score apart from off set pieces (bar that insane Brighton game) so I want the extra height.

I am the echo of Deutsch...

Almost certainly the last home game for a lot of players that will be talked about fondly for decades to come. Might have a tear in my eye as Moutinho leaves the pitch, he’s been outstanding both on and off the pitch and is the classiest player I’ve seen in a Wolves shirt in over 50 years at Molineux.

we’ll come lower and get less points and goals but I feel far better at the end of this season compared to last, massively helped by the fact we’ve not got Bruno Saunders look after things going into next season.

"Wolves will be on the beach so it's a good opportunity for Everton"
I think there are a few who’ve literally been on the beach this weekend. Toti seemed to be enjoying his yacht yesterday. They appear to get a some good leave under the new management. I can’t see Dyche allowing players time off after their game unless it was a visit to Southport.

Still looking for an adult and child for the Billy Wright stand if anyone decides last min they can’t go am local happy to drop round and collect and pay.

When Moutinho leaves I'll be utterly heartbroken. One of those players I just happened to latch on to early in my love for the sport, up there with Xabi Alonso. To see Mou in a Wolves shirt was proper "pinch me" territory.

Hope we win as they deserve the best of vibes at fulltime.

When Moutinho leaves I'll be utterly heartbroken. One of those players I just happened to latch on to early in my love for the sport, up there with Xabi Alonso. To see Mou in a Wolves shirt was proper "pinch me" territory.

Hope we win as they deserve the best of vibes at fulltime.
I think the result will be parked a nanosecond after the final whistle. Giving Moutinho and the rest a decent send off won’t be affected by the result.

I think the result will be parked a nanosecond after the final whistle. Giving Moutinho and the rest a decent send off won’t be affected by the result.
Definitely, but you know. Send 'em out on a high and all that.

They will definitely get a good send off, probably be quite emotional.

Normally hate these dead rubber fixtures but after these past few months I'm quite looking forward to a game where we're just playing for pride!

Must admit, I've never been as struck by Moutinho as most people on here.

Maybe I'm just a troglodyte who doesn't appreciate some of the subtlety of his play, but (especially in the last couple of seasons) he seems to be a tidy but ultimately conservative figure to me?

Wouldn't have him in my top 5 favourites of the Fosun era 🤷‍♂️

Genuine opinion, not being a contrary twat! 😅 I just can't remember the last time I saw his name on the teamsheet and was excited?

I'm a troglodyte, aren't I? 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back