• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everything you need to know about Matheus Cunha

footywithuti

Reaction score
Evening all, hope you’re doing well. I’ve just done a 4-minute breakdown detailing everything you need to know about Matheus Cunha and why I’m convinced he’ll be a success at Wolves for those interested. This lad is a hell of a talent and my jaw dropped down to my knees when I found out he’ll be plying his trade at Molineux before long. I’d love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you may have, cheers and enjoy the Gillingham game!

In fairness Uti you did tell people Guedes was good and he's as much use as a jonny on a unuch so people may be wary of your assessment here. Although I do rate Cunha myself.

In fairness Uti you did tell people Guedes was good and he's as much use as a jonny on a unuch so people may be wary of your assessment here. Although I do rate Cunha myself.
Hahaha, I actually still have faith in Guedes to come good (even if he's looked miles off it). As for Cunha, I've detailed a fair few of his weaknesses too, far from perfect but a very good player nonetheless!

Hahaha, I actually still have faith in Guedes to come good (even if he's looked miles off it). As for Cunha, I've detailed a fair few of his weaknesses too, far from perfect but a very good player nonetheless!

Never rated him, got a shit haircut aswell. Cunha is a nice fit and at least has the traits that fans respond to, works hard and makes it hard for defenders regardless of if he's playing well or not. Quite Jota-esque in that sense.

Last edited:
I found the point in the video about Cunha's pressing stats pretty interesting. I imagine that's a big part of why JL might consider him an important first building block towards where he wants the team to go

He is in Compton now, and I am excited to see him play, should hopefully play against Villa

I found the point in the video about Cunha's pressing stats pretty interesting. I imagine that's a big part of why JL might consider him an important first building block towards where he wants the team to go
Big time. If we want to play on the front foot then that kind of player is imperative. Raul *could* do it but it's a while since he has (partly through instruction, Lage had everyone sitting off when we were out of possession), Costa is about as mobile as a bookcase so forget it with him.

I miss the days under Nuno when we'd pick teams off with a press when it mattered. We scored loads of goals like that. I mean, I just miss the days under Nuno, but let's not go there right now.

Big time. If we want to play on the front foot then that kind of player is imperative. Raul *could* do it but it's a while since he has (partly through instruction, Lage had everyone sitting off when we were out of possession), Costa is about as mobile as a bookcase so forget it with him.

I miss the days under Nuno when we'd pick teams off with a press when it mattered. We scored loads of goals like that. I mean, I just miss the days under Nuno, but let's not go there right now.

I used to rub my hands when the ball went to a fullback, especially the right back. It was the trigger for Jota and Jonny to get after them like honey badgers.

I used to rub my hands when the ball went to a fullback, especially the right back. It was the trigger for Jota and Jonny to get after them like honey badgers.
You will see more of that.

In training he had the players set up, and as soon as the ball went to the full back, the pace they pressed was fantastic.

Back