• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup 4th Round

If Saiss takes one step forward he's got a free header to clear it but he just stood there and then turned his back when the attacker got near him, piss weak.

He was poor on all crosses last night and seemed to have little control over his area. Ignoring the huge error his performance was probably the worst I have seen from him in a Wolves shirt

He was poor on all crosses last night and seemed to have little control over his area. Ignoring the huge error his performance was probably the worst I have seen from him in a Wolves shirt

Timbo gave him a four which is very generous.

Timbo gave him a four which is very generous.

He gave Rui a 5/10 the other week for 1 poor kick so yep, over marked by at least 4.

Hate hating on the Rudster as I think he is a superb player and we are spoilt having him as back up but last night just wasn't the usual Ruddy. I hope he moves on in the summer and gets the game time he deserves.

We all know Ruddy's got games like this in him, there's no question about his talent but unfortunately he's just been far too error prone his entire career.

I don't think there's any problem with him technically so it's either nerves or concentration issues.

He gave Rui a 5/10 the other week for 1 poor kick so yep, over marked by at least 4.

Hate hating on the Rudster as I think he is a superb player and we are spoilt having him as back up but last night just wasn't the usual Ruddy. I hope he moves on in the summer and gets the game time he deserves.

He needs game time, he's not great unless he's busy. I can see Nuno playing Patricio at Brizzle

Am I right in thinking that there’s no replays from now on?

Think people are being a bit harsh on Ruddy, he has hardly played any football and was up against a strong, route-1 lower league side - i know it is no excuse, but need to cut him a bit of slack, I think he deserves it from us. We won after all!

Doherty showing why I think he is our player of the season.

Move on. Bring on Bristol

Think people are being a bit harsh on Ruddy, he has hardly played any football and was up against a strong, route-1 lower league side - i know it is no excuse, but need to cut him a bit of slack, I think he deserves it from us. We won after all!

I have said I like Ruddy and think we are spoilt having him as our back up. He possibly kept us in the Cup v Liverpool with a stunning save but last night he seemed to be elsewhere on the basics of his game. It happens and we are through.

He had a stinker last night by the looks of it - nowt wrong with pointing that out. What IS out of order are the calls on social media hoping he never plays for us again. One 'supporter' in particular has stated he hates Ruddy. People like that can fuck off.

What IS out of order are the calls on social media hoping he never plays for us again. One 'supporter' in particular has stated he hates Ruddy. People like that can fuck off.

Really?? Fucking hell (although I have techincally said he shouldn't play for us again I guess, but not in a stupid fucker on social media way though)

No doubt the same people who were saying he should replace Rui after the save v Liverpool

Fairly sure that John Ruddy will move on in the summer. He's 32 and entitled to go and sign a three year deal with a club where he'll be first choice. Sure someone like Villa, Derby, Middlesbrough would be fine for him. No question that Rui should play at BCFC - and I thought it was only the 5th round that didn't have replays?

5th round that didn't have replays?

5th Round, Q-F and S-F all one off games

The 5th Round is the last time the Prem League doesn't have a clash with the FA Cup. So teams who progress have to rearrange games then of course you have the teams still in Europe so it is a sensible move to remove fixture congestion. Won't be long until all rounds of the FA Cup are done in 1 game.

Is the right answer. He had his first weston super in a wolves shirt. He has played well over 50 games and been shit in about 3. He made team of the season last year, deservedly ,and has the record for most clean sheets in a season in the championship.

For oncehowever his timing was spot on. If youre going to have a shit game and throw one in your own net do it against a team that we are capable of scoring 3 against.

Fairly sure that John Ruddy will move on in the summer. He's 32 and entitled to go and sign a three year deal with a club where he'll be first choice. Sure someone like Villa, Derby, Middlesbrough would be fine for him. No question that Rui should play at BCFC - and I thought it was only the 5th round that didn't have replays?

And he will go with my good wishes and be remembered as an excellent keeper and one who won us far more points/ games than he lost us during one of the most exciting times in our lifetime of supporting wolves. That is high enough praise indeed

Blimey he had a total mare on that second (and did not cover himself in glory for the first either).

Much like the other five changes Nuno made to the team, I would prefer we go full strength at Bristol City. We don't have a game midweek following it either do we?

Blimey he had a total mare on that second (and did not cover himself in glory for the first either).

Much like the other five changes Nuno made to the team, I would prefer we go full strength at Bristol City. We don't have a game midweek following it either do we?

Nope.

We do have one coming up but thats the 26th Feb I think

Okay, so we will see a team much closer to the one that played against Liverpool then. Maybe Vinagre will play and maybe Ruddy too depending on what Nuno's plan was.

Cup Fever has officially gripped Wolverhampton so I am expecting us to put out a near full strength team.

Back