• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I've tried to manage an MLS side on an older version of the game, the whole transfer/contract situation over there is complicated as shit.

I always load Brazil and Argentina, you can sign up loads of quality youngsters and sell them on for huge profits.

I always had Scandanavia loaded up during my games. Found some absolute gems.

Right, I have just purchased this game. My life is over.

The last remaining drops of it.

Day will now be up at 7 wooooooooooooooork 6pm eat 6.07 Play FM.................6.30am Bed.........

Seems a mad one to start with. I might just do it

Just waiting for Game to send me code. Fuckers, i've paid send me the god damn code.

I've just started - 23 leagues from 13 different countries. Large database -56000 players! This is going to be slow as hell....

Just waiting for Game to send me code. $#@!ers, i've paid send me the god damn code.

Came through at 4am. Top service.

Just easing my way back in at Telford. Won the first 4 games of the season, after a dreadful pre season. Lost the last 2 games though.

Good to be back in the game.

I have CM2011 for my iPhone, but it's not very good. Not sure if I could justify £7 for an iPhone app to get FM2011.

Don't suppose they do an app with the old CM engines do they?

Took the job at Yesan in the second tier of South Korean football. They're 12th from 16 at the half way point, 14 points of what I assume are play off positions. God awful squad, I've just signed 14 free agents.

Pro Vercelli challenge started. I am in second in serie C2 after six games and going well. The challenge may be a little easier at the start as Vercelli have an arrangement with Juventus and I picked up a tasty central defender from the Juve kids (Andrea Di Peola). I also signed Tonnino Bizzarri who is a bloody good left back at that level. Good fun game, and looking forward to seeing how far I can take them on a £15k wage budget and £80k for transfers.

Finished 13th in that first season. Our budget is half of the poorest play off team; £3k p/w. Did some good business in our first close season though, hopefully will be pushing for a top 8 place, then an assault on the play offs in season three. I reckon it'll be at least 8 seasons before I even qualify for the Asian CL. This challenge will take fucking ages!

The Asian one is probably the hardest because in real life (yes, there is such a thing) Japan is by far the strongest league, but it's not on the game.

You should have started in Europe. Red Bull Salzburg are a good one because they're minted. Your problem is going to be that no matter what you do in Korea, your reputation isn't going to grow because the league isn't highly recognised. I've had this in Sweden before, you can perform wonders but no English club worth anything will touch you. After I left GAIS I ended up at Piacenza which was awful.

Last edited:
Starting unemployed and as a Sunday League footballer, they weren't exactly queueing up to offer me work! The hardest bit is that I can't quickly distinguish the players when making changes as their names are all funny.

Apparently they tried to change the reputation system on this years FM didn't they? So you're reputation affects your surroundings so to speak, so if you'd been lucky enough to start in England and build up a decent reputation, when you then moved to a less popular league your rep would improve the rep of that league and attract better players and such to come and join you?

Obviously thats not going to make much difference in your situation but could make things a bit easier if you were able to start somewhere where you can build up and big reputation first.

Back