• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Support and Matchday Habits

Do you celebrate when Wolves score Mark?

At the risk of being massively insulting; you remind me of a mature student I knew at university who'd taken way too much drugs and then stopped - he didn't really have any feelings either way about most things, was just in the middle with no highs or lows

I told you that was supposed to stay between us!

Yeah, course.

I can't force you to believe me but that's how it is, coming on this forum is the most active thing i do around Wolves and even if they did go bump I guess it'd still be around to talk about some supporters backed phoenix club or something, at least for a while, so i'd still have a buffer to find another online haunt for the quiet times.

At the risk of being massively insulting; you remind me of a mature student I knew at university who'd taken way too much drugs and then stopped - he didn't really have any feelings either way about most things, was just in the middle with no highs or lows

No offence taken, it's pretty much how I am about most things, I'm not a very emotional person. There are still things i find enjoyable, things that annoy me, things I take pride in or feel a sense of satisfaction over when they go well but i'm not one to get all excited about stuff or get bogged down worrying either.

I'm in a good mood more than a bad one so I'm happy enough with how it's going for me.

Do you celebrate when Wolves score Mark?

No, can't remember the last time I did, then again I don't celebrate when our team scores on a Sunday morning either, just get myself back into position ready to go again.

Can you only exercise one online-based interest at once then?

Can you only exercise one online-based interest at once then?

No, but this place fills my time on the internet quite well so i've no need to go out of my way and find other stuff to read, if this place weren't to exist or be of interest to me then i'd go and find something else to read and fill that time instead or maybe i'd take up knitting.

I can't force you to believe me but that's how it is, coming on this forum is the most active thing i do around Wolves and even if they did go bump I guess it'd still be around to talk about some supporters backed phoenix club or something, at least for a while, so i'd still have a buffer to find another online haunt for the quiet times.

Of course. You wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if Wolves went into liquidation. Right.

Of course. You wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if Wolves went into liquidation. Right.

Why would I be? Outside of reading/discussing about them on the internet they taken up precious little of my life, I've only been to watch them twice this season on someone else's request and i rarely follow the games unless i'm sitting around the house doing nothing else.

Given what you have said Mark just a touch surprised that you decided to be involved with Wolves rather than one of the top Premier Clubs where the quality of football/world class players might be on show for you

Given what you have said Mark just a touch surprised that you decided to be involved with Wolves rather than one of the top Premier Clubs where the quality of football/world class players might be on show for you
It was a more affection relationship in previous years, the 2nd season in the PL under Mick was pretty much the tipping point. I'd been taken along to Wolves by my dad as a kid, then been going with school mates after that but now I just care about the show.

I'm in a pretty similar boat to Mark tbh. I've not set foot in Molineux since about the hour mark against Peterborough 2ish years ago, and that was only my first taste since my season ticket wasn't expired when we hired TC.

I've just lost all passion I once had for the club, since I removed myself from live exposure. Half the time I don't even know we're playing until I see the score on SSNHQHD. I didn't have a flinch of emotion upon relegation to, or promotion from, League One. It's a little bit embarrassing really, when I think about my ambivilence now, and compare it to the passion I had, and the power the club and its fortunes had over me. Last time we were on TV, I watched Arsenal instead.

I still take a passing interest, but like Mark it's probably more to do with killing time than being genuinely interested. Stephen Hunt's goal against Blackburn was probably the most happy and relieved I've been about anything, ever - it's been quite the u-turn for me since I stopped attending. Can't see me ever being 'in love' with the club again, either. I've filled my life with other things, and there are numerous other things I'd rather spend £80 and 4 hours doing than going again tbh.

I still love football, watch tonnes of the stuff, but what used to be my passion - and for a time, what felt like my *life* - is now just a passing interest and a soft spot.

I'm in a pretty similar boat to Mark tbh. I've not set foot in Molineux since about the hour mark against Peterborough 2ish years ago, and that was only my first taste since my season ticket wasn't expired when we hired TC.

I've just lost all passion I once had for the club, since I removed myself from live exposure. Half the time I don't even know we're playing until I see the score on SSNHQHD. I didn't have a flinch of emotion upon relegation to, or promotion from, League One. It's a little bit embarrassing really, when I think about my ambivilence now, and compare it to the passion I had, and the power the club and its fortunes had over me. Last time we were on TV, I watched Arsenal instead.

I still take a passing interest, but like Mark it's probably more to do with killing time than being genuinely interested. Stephen Hunt's goal against Blackburn was probably the most happy and relieved I've been about anything, ever - it's been quite the u-turn for me since I stopped attending. Can't see me ever being 'in love' with the club again, either. I've filled my life with other things, and there are numerous other things I'd rather spend £80 and 4 hours doing than going again tbh.

I still love football, watch tonnes of the stuff, but what used to be my passion - and for a time, what felt like my *life* - is now just a passing interest and a soft spot.

Shame, as we played some cracking stuff last season. Some of the best I can remember watching. Yes it was against a poor standard of opposition, and we hardly ever got punished for slack defending, but the passing and movement between Goldbourne, KMac, Sako, Jacobs, Henry & Dicko was a joy to behold.

And we have played some really good football this season. It's a shame you feel that way Del, as KJ has put together a good, young squad that looks like with a bit of time can be a very good team and make us proud.

I've never got as far as Del, but Hoddle stopped me going to matches even though I had a ST and if Mick hadn't turned it around so quickly I think I may have drifted to the status of casual fan. I can put up with incompetence and shite, the team and management not caring was when I was close to chucking it in.

Wop is more concerned about fantasy football these days. Sad times.

It's pretty tragic. In his own words he was "jumping around" when Ulloa scored vs Everton while Wolves' game at Rotherham was freely available on a stream.

I've never got as far as Del, but Hoddle stopped me going to matches even though I had a ST and if Mick hadn't turned it around so quickly I think I may have drifted to the status of casual fan. I can put up with incompetence and $#@!e, the team and management not caring was when I was close to chucking it in.

The only season I havent has a ST was 2012-2013 when we went down again. I was sick of watching us lose. Even today if I'm at a home match and we go two down (Forest most recently) I leave for the pub pretty much immediately.

This is purely because I can't bear watching us lose. I have got to save like buggery for up and coming early bird but I'm determined to get one. I find it expensive (on my salary and lifestyle) but it is the one thing I'm most interested in.

I broke the habit once, not long after the Bhattis took over about 83/84 i reckon, i didn't go again until we had got back into what was then the Second Division, i looked for the results and all that but never saw any games in the 3rd or 4th (apart from an old mate, who couldn,t beleive i wasn,t going any more and persuaded me to go with him to a match against Walsall in the 3rd i think) never even went to the Sherpa Van Final.
Anyway, i had Sons they started to get interested and we started going in the Family Enclosure about 1989 and have been going ever since.
It's more than just the match to me nowadays, we go for a drink before the game where i meet up with an old mate i've known since i first started work, while i still want us to win games its not that important to me really.

You missed out then trev going to away games in the fourth and third with the hatherton wolves was apart from the seventies my favourite time supporting the lads. Great drinking days everyone seemed to know one another where ever you went and bully was awesome to watch. Have to say I enjoyed last season especially the away days.

Back