• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Performance was rubbish again.

Main thing is to get the 3 points.

Next season we can get important first team players back from injury, get fans back in the ground and hopefully get a decent window.

West Ham, Villa and Everton have shown what 1 window of good recruitment can do.

Thought we were very, very poor. First half with four attacking players we couldn't link anything together, passing was awful. When we went to 3 at the back, it was same old, same old, massive gaps between our attacking players and if anything we looked more vulnerable defensively than with 4 at the back. Cracking goal, good play from MGW and Silva and a terrific finish by Traore.
thought Semedo was excellent, rest of the defence ok. Neves worst game of the season imo. Still 3 points and a good goal to celebrate (should have been 2)

The keeper gave him a huge helping hand, but I did fully anticipate it skyrocketing into row Z based on his match performance.

I guess that's the beauty of Adama.
Indeed. I miss being able to follow every game. Sucks.

At least managed to get this. Also got shown the "off-side" and that was bollocks.

I think everything said has been absolutely spot on. Not a good game is probably and understatement.
Couple of positives but too many negatives this season and one we have to put into context...we have managed to get to 38 points with 7 games left and it’s been a car crash of a season, yet everyone’s spunking over Leeedz who are a massive 4 points ahead of us
We probably all wrote this season of in November when we lost Raúl, but at least now we can rest a bit easier and see the shyte drop into the Championship🤣
Roll one next season and the return to attended games
Have a good weekend now people

Everything has been said really, the style and approach still isn't good enough. We're not getting the best out of a lot of our players imo and that doesn't look great for Nuno. Good to win but i'd rather see an improvement in performance if i'm honest as with that comes better results in the long term.

Would like to add that Fabio Silva is going to be some player, I've been a fan from the start which i've made clear on here and it baffles me more every time i see him play that people couldn't see it. The lad just has it.

As soon as we're mathematically safe can we just stop turning up and give the opposition 3 points and put the season to bed early? That was a tough watch. VAR decision was dreadful and the rest of the game was in keeping with that. I really don't know who we can sign to change things so probably most important is current squad get a big rest and come back like the players we know they can be.

He's showing glimpses of his quality now he is out of the limelight a bit. Lots more to come from him next season I reckon.
yeah, I think when WJ fails to succeed it takes the pressure off Fabio a lot and he can relax more in his game and just play..

Surprised to see the criticism for Coote, I mean hell I welcome it normally. But it's the technology that "makes the decisions" with offsides not Coote, isn't it?

Anyway, i thought we were ok, we looked more solid with 3 at the back, and i felt Joao and Neves were excellent, Neto looked tired before he went off, Podence looked knackered throughout and Adama was as is so regularly the case frustrating until he goes and wins the game for us (great pass by Fabio)!

Oh and that's the most consistently good performance I've seen from Semedo, dealt with things well in the air (particularly in the first half) and he dealt with their best player on the night (Robinson) really well.

Saiss and RAN were lucky that RLC didn't score his header as they were both way off it, but other than that we defended well, Saiss and Coady with some excellent blocks, and for the first time in a long while Donk seems to have shaken off his lack of confidence at CB, he looked a lot better.

Neves MOTM for me though, i thought he dragged us through the game, defended really well, hit some great tackles, retained the ball really well at times too, a real leaders performance.

Back