• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Strange game where we either looked decent going forwards or rubbish at the back in alternating spells. Some strange subs too, certainly not natural obvious or natural like for like ones.

Losing RAN early really didn't help matters either regarding the shape or pattern of play as Doc is very limited at LB. So hopefully RAN isn't out injured.

VAR just loves fucking us over doesn't it? That final penalty was incredibly soft and certainly nowhere near the threshold for overturning it. Absolute bullshit after all the shite decisions we've had to put up with this season and not gotten corrected.

Last edited:
Tough one to swallow, so frustrating to shoot ourselves in the foot like that.

Still, it was a half-decent performance against a side I’d say is of roughly equal quality to us. Lots of good coachable moments for GO to pick out.

On to the next.

Another game against inferior opposition where we fail to turn up for large parts of it. It's a recurring issue back to Nuno where we vastly underperform against teams at our own level or below.

Officiating as standard and we get on the wrong end of VAR again, where clear and obvious seems to completely fail to exist when in relation to decisions involving us.

Another game against inferior opposition where we fail to turn up for large parts of it. It's a recurring issue back to Nuno where we vastly underperform against teams at our own level or below.

Officiating as standard and we get on the wrong end of VAR again where clear and obvious seems to completely disappear when in relation to decisions involving us.
We’re not markedly better than them on paper.

G.O. Got so much wrong tonight, from the formation to the substitution, just baffling. Why change to 4-4-2 and why think Doc is a LW 🤷‍♂️
No Sarabia but Doc instead… Put it behind us and dont do it again!

Thought neither team were great but thought a point would have been fair on the balance but we were losing the ball in midfield constantly at 2-2. The 2nd penalty is 50/50 the first is never a penalty in a million years. Pointless talking about it though as the standards of officiating and VAR are just so low and all the apologies and analysing of it changes nothing, you don't get the points back.

We didn’t play well but two clear yellows not given in first 10 minutes and the Ream doesn’t get a second for the pen. No red for head making contact with Kilman. And both penalties were incredibly soft. Hard playing 12 men.

Possibly the worst collective performance by Wolves subs I can remember, especially Sasa who is completely unsuited to how we play.

Fuck VAR… we surely should be making an official complaint to the Premier League over the standard of officiating. If this was Liverpool they’d be demanding the game to be replayed

I want blood off GON tonight, I want him full Arteta tonight. VAR will say its GON he's a nice lad he'll accept it. GIVE THEM YOU FUCKING DICK AND BITCH SLAP THERE FUCKING JAWS, I'm really really livid tonight. This is now beyond corruption.

I hate Doc. Do my best to not hate our players or anyone in general. But he’s lazy, arrogant and easily the poorest player we’ve had in the PL era. The fact that we have had him twice is enough to make me think there is a malicious entity ruling the world.

Pretty much as above. My only real concern is that I just don't feel Kalac fits us. Okay when positioned directly on and around the area but in the recent games where asked to be part of that fluid front he doesn't look like suiting that. Can't see any business in January other than loans out (ideally Fabio as what is the point of him staying at this stage) but long term feel the above will be moved out of this setup is staying.

There is no way VAR should be getting involved in stuff like that...or the Hwang penalty...or the Silva penalty.

Ref gives it fair enough, soft but not enough to overturn it...but the Fulham player went looking for the penalty and VAR bought it.

Otherwise, not a great performance but we still should have got something out of that.

Fucked over again. Thank god we have VAR to stop all these terrible refereeing decisions. Should have gone to win it at 2-2 but the game is tiny margins and big calls went against us. Hey ho.

Self inflicted that is.

Say what you want about VAR but we made it immediately harder for ourselves sending that useless gormless prick Doherty on in the wrong position rather than the LWB who's just signed a 5 year contract extension.

That pattern of the wrong set up or subs and/or player taken off persisted throughout the remainder of the game.

Tonight is equal parts O'Neil and equal parts VAR.

I've said before we can't control the shower of useless cunts at PGMOL so focus on what we can control, if we've done everything right on that side then focus on the former.

Tonight we are way short to criticise PGMOL without looking bitter at our own failures. Fulham were shite and there for the taking.

1st penalty, soft but stick with the on field decision. 2nd penalty, soft, overturned. Add that to the rest of the bullshit penalty decisions that have gone gainst us so far this season and its hard not to feel more than a little cross.

We weren't great tonight but more than good enough for a point away from home without our best player.

We played well in spells but really struggled to dominate for more than a couple of minutes at a time. Felt both of their penalties were on the soft side but probably pens on balance. Also think Vinicius should have been sent off and am not sure why he wasn't.

We seem to have got into the habit of sleeping at the start of games, which is worrying and that needs working on.

In terms of unscored chances I think we had the best, but they were able to build play for longer and break us up, especially their bursts of pace from midfield. Thought Iwobi had a cracker for them on that front.

Pretty gutted to lose Lemina for the Arsenal game, that'll hurt us.

Not the worst performance, not the best. A bit of added quality in front of goal and fewer legs stuck out at the back and we're on to something.

If the mantra is “clear and obvious” then they’ve a 100% gone against with that late call.
Can easily argue that’s 3 late penalties calls that’ve cost us 3 points in total.

Back