• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I was being facetious, and I do agree.
Didn't take it any type of way, no worries.

Felt worth clarifying though, given how I've railed against some other conspiracy theories of late.

"The panel has five members, made up of three former players and/or coaches, plus one representative each from the Premier League and PGMOL. It was set up at the start of last season to give an independent assessment of decision-making rather than relying on the views of PGMOL or the clubs themselves. The judgement is intended to provide an arm's-length assessment of all major match incidents."

So at least 2 with a vested interest

Is it clear and obvious this panel isn't independent?

The only way I can make sense of it is that the refs would rather double down on errors than admit they are wrong unless it is so obviously wrong a blind man on a charging horse can see it. It perpetuates incompetence as they rarely get held to account and consequently despite the shit show we have endured already this season there is absolutely no reason to believe things will improve. I guess the fact they aren’t improving does mean they will continue to make dreadful decisions and there’s a 50:50 chance our opponents will be on the end of the bad calls.

Not quite as bad as Milijas v Tottenham at home, but not far off. I immediately thought during the match that is could be DOGSO but it never even got mentioned in comms or afterwards.
Was that Hutton?

Sometimes it feels like "well you got a penalty, what more do you want"

Still irks me that Carlos didn't get sent off for his challenge on Adama in the Europa QF, (especially as Raul missed), looked like a deliberate foul to me.

Not quite as bad as Milijas v Tottenham at home, but not far off. I immediately thought during the match that is could be DOGSO but it never even got mentioned in comms or afterwards.
Wouldn't be a straight red these days anyway with double jeopardy.

It's a second yellow all day long though and they're talking shit, as per.

Was that Hutton?

Sometimes it feels like "well you got a penalty, what more do you want"

Still irks me that Carlos didn't get sent off for his challenge on Adama in the Europa QF, (especially as Raul missed), looked like a deliberate foul to me.
Lampard on hammill still irks me!

Wouldn't be a straight red these days anyway with double jeopardy.

It's a second yellow all day long though and they're talking shit, as per.
You have to make an attempt/challenge for the ball for it to be yellow. Both would be a straight red.

You have to make an attempt/challenge for the ball for it to be yellow. Both would be a straight red.
At the point of contact he's not heading directly at goal. That's never been a red.Screenshot_20231201_172257_FotMob.jpg

If anything, we're lucky VAR didn't decide it was just a free kick.

I understand where you and TT are coming from but I find it depressing that we have to just accept cheating and in fact advocate it for our own players.
I totally agree. And believe you and me, it’s through gritted teeth. But it’s the lesser of two evils I guess.

I totally agree. And believe you and me, it’s through gritted teeth. But it’s the lesser of two evils I guess.
Depends on your view on gamesmanship, IMO.

Depends on your view on gamesmanship, IMO.
I’m morally totally opposed to it but on a practical level, whilst the authorities are awarding simulation it seems almost mad for any manager not to have one or two of his players going down softly on contact esp in home games with crowd support. knowing our luck it’ll be carded or waved away in a Uriah Rennie Kennedy v Bolton moment.

Hwang's reaction to Cook's butt was embarrassing but got the red, Kilman reacted how most men away from a football pitch would in that situation and got nothing, sad but not at all surprising
No it was not, it's exactly what you have to do, and what Killman should have done.

It was a bit of a delayed reaction tbf. It was as if Kilman didn't realise what had initially happened and then held his mouth/nose and looked across at the referee. That's what happens with a soft headbut.
The keyword here is "headbutt", the force of which being completely irrelevant.

No you said Hwangs reaction was embarrassing, I disagree totally
Of course it's embarrassing, as was Lockyer with Bellegarde or MGW with Rodri. It's the right thing to do in the modern game and Kilman absolutely should have done the same, but it is embarrassing that's the way the game has gone or that players need to do it to get the correct action.

Back