• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Thing is, they’re not.

Ideal world Ofcourse is you don’t have to role around on the floor. But we’re not in that ideal world. I’d rather we rolled around on the floor (no matter how crap I think it is) rather than getting punished for doing the ‘right thing’
I understand where you and TT are coming from but I find it depressing that we have to just accept cheating and in fact advocate it for our own players.

I hate the idea of cheating or 'enhancing the result' too, but Whilst I can hate it all I like, not doing it is putting us at a disadvantage.

Kilman doesn't win a prize for 'doing the right thing' and Wolves don't get morality points. He needs to be smarter
Kilman does put his hand up to his face and shout in the refs direction immediately. Just because he isn’t rolling around and screaming on the floor doesn’t mean we or he should be penalised because the ref is inept or bottled the decision. Harsh to say he should be “smarter” for trusting that the ref or VAR would do their job properly, IMO.

Harsh to say he should be “smarter” for trusting that the ref or VAR would do their job properly, IMO.
Somewhat proving the point. Why would he expect that? What evidence is there to support it either during that match or this season?

Kilman does put his hand up to his face and shout in the refs direction immediately. Just because he isn’t rolling around and screaming on the floor doesn’t mean we or he should be penalised because the ref is inept or bottled the decision. Harsh to say he should be “smarter” for trusting that the ref or VAR would do their job properly, IMO.
It was a bit of a delayed reaction tbf. It was as if Kilman didn't realise what had initially happened and then held his mouth/nose and looked across at the referee. That's what happens with a soft headbut.

Somewhat proving the point. Why would he expect that? What evidence is there to support it either during that match or this season?
Well the notion of expecting Kilman in the heat of the moment, as club captain, to go against every fibre in his body and throw himself to the floor to play act and get a fellow professional sent off just seems daft to me. You have to trust the referee (or VAR) to arrive at the correct decision. Yes, I’m aware of the irony in that given the number of decisions that have gone against us this season. Saying he needs to be “smarter” is OTT. What you’re saying is, you want him to cheat.

Anyway, that all leads nicely on to the following… (🙄)

IMG_5851.jpeg

"Shortly afterwards Wolves were given the chance to equalise when Ream, who was on a yellow card, brought down Hwang, and it was said the challenge didn't come under the definition of denying a goal-scoring opportunity so shouldn't be a second caution."

Wut?

"Shortly afterwards Wolves were given the chance to equalise when Ream, who was on a yellow card, brought down Hwang, and it was said the challenge didn't come under the definition of denying a goal-scoring opportunity so shouldn't be a second caution."

Wut?
Hwang4.png

How does that stand up to any scrutiny at all FFS.

Where's the funding for this "Independent Panel" come from?

Well the notion of expecting Kilman in the heat of the moment, as club captain, to go against every fibre in his body and throw himself to the floor to play act and get a fellow professional sent off just seems daft to me. You have to trust the referee (or VAR) to arrive at the correct decision. Yes, I’m aware of the irony in that given the number of decisions that have gone against us this season. Saying he needs to be “smarter” is OTT. What you’re saying is, you want him to cheat.

Anyway, that all leads nicely on to the following… (🙄)

View attachment 8935
I want him to do what the vast majority of players in the PL would do to get the best outcome for their side. Whilst others do it, I want our players to, the fellow professional stuff is pompous nonsense.

Take a none Wolves example. Rodri momentarily grabs MGW by the throat. If he stays on his feet I'd say the likelihood of that being a red at the Etihad is slim - 2 yellows for handbags is the probable outcome with VAR saying there's not enough there to overturn. He goes over and not because of the force of the grab/push, Rodri gets sent off and Wolves play City without him with it being a key reason for us winning the game.

I want him to do what the vast majority of players in the PL would do to get the best outcome for their side. Whilst others do it, I want our players to, the fellow professional stuff is pompous nonsense.

Take a none Wolves example. Rodri momentarily grabs MGW by the throat. If he stays on his feet I'd say the likelihood of that being a red at the Etihad is slim - 2 yellows for handbags is the probable outcome with VAR saying there's not enough there to overturn. He goes over and not because of the force of the grab/push, Rodri gets sent off and Wolves play City without him with it being a key reason for us winning the game.
Poor old Daniel tried to do this all the time and was slated for it. A gust of wind and he`d be rolling round the floor howling at the ref.

Are you being conspiratorial?
A bit.

If you tell me there's a conspiracy against Wolves specifically, I'm calling BS (and have done recently). On the other hand, if you tell me there's a conspiracy amongst the various English footballing power brokers to cover the asses of the referees at every turn... I'm probably buying what you're selling.

Poor old Daniel tried to do this all the time and was slated for it. A gust of wind and he`d be rolling round the floor howling at the ref.
He did it looking for fouls often without being touched, on many occasions when he could have retained possession

But this is supposed to be an independent panel

@Alan I'd like to know also!
"The panel has five members, made up of three former players and/or coaches, plus one representative each from the Premier League and PGMOL. It was set up at the start of last season to give an independent assessment of decision-making rather than relying on the views of PGMOL or the clubs themselves. The judgement is intended to provide an arm's-length assessment of all major match incidents."

So at least 2 with a vested interest

A bit.

If you tell me there's a conspiracy against Wolves specifically, I'm calling BS (and have done recently). On the other hand, if you tell me there's a conspiracy amongst the various English footballing power brokers to cover the asses of the referees at every turn... I'm probably buying what you're selling
I was being facetious, and I do agree.

Back