• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) 27/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna bother watching football any longer. There's no point. The refereeing ruins it every week. I just don't care anymore.

The most disappointing thing about tonight is that Fulham are fucking dreadful, and if anything we’ve been worse.

I hope the VAR debate doesn’t hide that fact.
We were poor, but the ref set the standard for the game with his inability to book Robinson and Ream for clearly awful challenges in the first 10 mins, that had a huge impact on the game. Their goal came seconds after the Robinson foul too.

Then of course there is the RAN injury, and the piss poor decision to replace him with Doc rather than Bueno (possibly not fit enough) or Sarabia.

Then there are the decisions,

*Why does the ref not look at the screen for Semedo, but he does for Gomes? It doesn't make sense?
*Why is WIllian allowed to stop on his penalty?
*Why doesn't he book Ream for the Hwang penalty, Hwang was through on goal, it was deliberate foul?
*Why doesn't he send Vinicius off for a clear headbut? Is football so fucked that Kilman has to cheat for the correct decision to happen.

We were poor, but the ref set the standard for the game with his inability to book Robinson and Ream for clearly awful challenges in the first 10 mins, that had a huge impact on the game. Their goal came seconds after the Robinson foul too.

Then of course there is the RAN injury, and the piss poor decision to replace him with Doc rather than Bueno (possibly not fit enough) or Sarabia.

Then there are the decisions,

*Why does the ref not look at the screen for Semedo, but he does for Gomes? It doesn't make sense?
*Why is WIllian allowed to stop on his penalty?
*Why doesn't he book Ream for the Hwang penalty, Hwang was through on goal, it was deliberate foul?
*Why doesn't he send Vinicius off for a clear headbut? Is football so fucked that Kilman has to cheat for the correct decision to happen.
I agree with most of your points.

I would say the ref doesn’t book Fulham players because it’s so early in the game. To clarify, I think that’s a bollocks thing they do, but its usually the norm

He only goes to the screen if he’s told to doesn’t he, which again is one of the issues with VAR, along with the clear and obvious rubbish.

Semedo one is the softest of the lot IMO. If it’s not given, then it’s not overturned. The other two are pens for me.

I just prefer to look at the things we can control, and just felt we were poor tonight, against a poor Fulham team.

Closing this in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back