• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) 27/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Conundrum here. Dawson is banned, Santi is totally unproven in the PL and Fulham are really not very good. So go to a four at the back, horses for courses? I say we should even despite my doubts about Kilman in that shape (he has to be able to play there at some point, he can't have his hand held forever - and he has generally looked less passive lately, which is always his main failing).

I'm going to be optimistic for now and pick a team with Neto in.

As I say these are not good - Leno has been performing miracles for them for ages now and the only teams they've beaten so far are Everton (very fortunately), Luton (again fortunate) and Sheff Utd. Bassey is a terrible defender, in fact terrible footballer full stop, and they keep picking him.

--------------------------Sa---------------------------

Semedo------------Kilman--------Toti---------Ait-Nouri

-------------J Gomes----Lemina----Bellegarde------------

-------------Neto--------Cunha------Hwang-----------------

2022/23: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2020/21: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2018/19: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2017/18: W 2-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2016/17: D 4-4 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2015/16: W 3-2 (H), W 3-0 (A)
2014/15: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A), D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 3-3 (H, FAC, lost on pens)
2011/12: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/04: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2000/01: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
1999/00: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/98: W 1-0 (A, LC), W 1-0 (H, LC)
1995/96: W 2-0 (H, LC), W 5-1 (A, LC)

We're going to have to find out what we've got with Santi at some point.

I'd start 5-2-3, drop Jean for Santi. If we can't pick them apart in that shape (or Bueno's having a nightmare), easy switch to bring Bellegarde on and open things up.

This is like Bournemouth for me, where I'd like to have gone with a back 4, but the suspension of one of those defenders means I'd not risk it. I wouldn't trust Toti and Kilman together in a 2. If fit S Bueno in for Bellegarde from the above, although I'd be surprised to see Neto start.

Last edited:
I like DWs team but obviously there's concern with our 2 CBs.
Also, do we need to at least try Bueno in a competitive match against a weaker team? There's a chance he's going to have to play at some point?

I can imagine 5 at the back with Doc RCB.

And I'm saying this might happen, not that I'd do it.

Santi didn't get picked for Uruguay this time so no issues around travel/fatigue there if he is going to play.

-------------------Sa---------------------------
----------S.Bueno---Kilman---Toti------------
Semedo-------Doyle--------Lemina---------RAN
------------------Bellegarde-----------------------
-----------------Cunha----Hwang------------------

Palhinha is suspended for them which is helpful and i doubt Neto will be fit

No Palhinha for them is massive - they’re like two different teams when he plays and doesn’t. I’d probably put Santi in and keep the same team/shape at least to begin with. Hope Neto’s back but I’d be surprised and I’d rather we’re 100% sure he’s fine before throwing him in

I appreciate it's a small sample size, but he's started two games and been poor in both. For me the game suits him once it opens up more in the second half and he can have time on the ball.
I did think that, and my thinking was that without Palhinha we should get a bit more time on the ball in midfield.

He pulled out with injury, that's why he didn't make the bench at the weekend according to LL
Ah right, if hes anything less than fit, then definitely go with DWs team, Lemina and Gomes should provide enough protection for the back line and Bellegarde, Cunha and Neto(🤞) will get us forward. Hwang to bang the goals in.
Really don't want us shoehorning Doc, Semedo or Jonny in at CB.

I'd be surprised if Neto's fit, so I'd go with Deutsch's team but with Sarabia for Neto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back