• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) 27/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel we should stick to the 5 as changing that tinkers with two many things for too many people just because Santi may or not be any good.

He can’t be a complete basket case and he’s been here a while now to settle in, so given he’s our only backup then he will have to play (if fit). Not going to Uruguay and the game being a Monday helps for sure. Also not a bad game to come into given they aren’t a great attacking outfit.

It's less that for me, I just think sometimes three centre halves is superfluous. Didn't want us to play that way at Bramall Lane and won't against Burnley at Molineux either.

We scored our two goals last week after RAN went off, Toti went LB and we had a back four.

If this were Arsenal away I'd say play Santi and see how we go.

We are playing a 5/4 hybrid though. The issue is that it’s Semedo and RAN having to do the creation. Think I’d rather us be more solid (theoretically) and trust that someone will get it right in an attacking sense at least once.

We’re definitely more three than five at the back than under Nuno. Be great if GO could bring about a Doherty-type revolution to Semedo’s game but I think that’s asking the impossible.

I’d be wary of playing Neto as hamstrings have a nasty habit of recurring. He’s too important to take any risks with. If Santi isn’t good enough in a back three/five against Fulham we need to prioritise a new CH in January. Only one way to find out.

Assuming Santi and Neto aren't fit enough to play. And a decision to decide if Sarabia gets rewarded for his exploits, and I think he should after that impact.

........................... Sa

............Jonny - Kilman - Toti

Semedo - Lemina - Gomes - RAN

.........Sarabia - Cunha - Hwang

I'd almost forgotten they'd got Adama too. Only played 40 minutes in the PL so far (came on for the last 10 minutes or so at Villa last time out after missing a couple of months with a hamstring issue).

Anyway there's no mystery there, we know what he is.

No big surprise given the scheduling, but tickets for this have gone down to members and are still available if anyone in the South wants to get to an unexpected away game

I'm nowhere near the south but took advantage of a rare away ticket. Great place to watch football (even with my restricted view ticket) - will no doubt seem quite different this time with the big new stand. I assume said stand stops me seeing the Hammersmith End corner flag, river corner?

I’ve taken advantage of someone else’s generosity and will be in that big new stand. Rare away outing for me, and Ive never minded sitting in the wrong end too much so I’m looking forward to it. Last time was Newcastle Dec 2018 so I’m hoping for a repeat outcome.

Probably my favourite/most visited away end.
I remember me, you, Del Wop and others losing our minds over a Jelle Van Damme goal. Must have been a decade ago! Pretty sure we lost the match, but I choose to forget that part!

No big surprise given the scheduling, but tickets for this have gone down to members and are still available if anyone in the South wants to get to an unexpected away game

Was slow getting on this so just grabbed what was left - restricted view, £28.

Annoyed with myself as had stopped even checking members availability for aways, but an RV is at least something and my lad did the same so looking forward to hooking up with him in London and having our first away game together since the Championship days. In fact, might even have been the 1-3 2017 win at Fulham iirc.

Can’t believe it’s 6 years since been to an away. Is this the first time an away PL game has become available to members?

Might have to start paying more attention again. Either way, looking forward to this one.

Was slow getting on this so just grabbed what was left - restricted view, £28.

Annoyed with myself as had stopped even checking members availability for aways, but an RV is at least something and my lad did the same so looking forward to hooking up with him in London and having our first away game together since the Championship days. In fact, might even have been the 1-3 2017 win at Fulham iirc.

Can’t believe it’s 6 years since been to an away. Is this the first time an away PL game has become available to members?

Might have to start paying more attention again. Either way, looking forward to this one.

Think there was a game up in Newcastle on a weekday under Lage which went to members.

Brighton away in Jan & Burnley away in April will almost certainly go to members as well by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back