• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) 27/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adama won't be returning to haunt us...or fire crosses into the away end, he is injured.

Appreciate it's put together for the website, but reading O'Neil 's pre match comments I continue to be quietly impressed by how he conducts himself. He speaks of the squad progressing with the style of play, and his comments on Raul & adama are respectful & considered.

GO name checked him in the presser as an option if we stay with a 3

I'd like to think he sixth behind S.Bueno, Jonny, any two youth CB's and Bentley.
Afraid that what you really want is to live in an alternate universe, then.

No idea what the deal is with Bueno but if he can’t displace Doc at that position, we got scammed.

I'd like to think he sixth behind S.Bueno, Jonny, any two youth CB's and Bentley.
He has dropped Doc into the 3 in the League Cup....went well.

I predict Doc to start and getting replaced by Bueno, S at HT.

Afraid that what you really want is to live in an alternate universe, then.

No idea what the deal is with Bueno but if he can’t displace Doc at that position, we got scammed.
I'm with Tredders in making a note on fewer flippant posts on Fridays

LL thinks Doherty is playing as the 3rd CH
Guessed as much.

He did say Santi was the most natural fit to replace Dawson, but probably doesn’t want to give anything away.

We haven't scored more than 2 goals in any League match yet this season . No Dawson , no Neto .
A fine win and a great performance against Spurs , but we didn't score until the 91st minute and that took a piece of magic .
We continue to struggle to score goals , despite a lot of much improved build up play and getting plenty of bodies forward .

All of the above means I think that we'll still struggle for wins , unless Hwang finds his scoring boots again .

We'll miss Dawson tonight too big time . He might not be quick , but he's aggressive and dogged , almost the opposite to Kilman .

We'll probably go out tonight now and win 4 - 0 .........

A fine win and a great performance against Spurs , but we didn't score until the 91st minute and that took a piece of magic .
We continue to struggle to score goals , despite a lot of much improved build up play and getting plenty of bodies forward .
We've scored 16 in 12 games ? Now in the grand scheme of things it's nothing spectacular but for us its a seismic shift in the right direction

We've scored 16 in 12 games ? Now in the grand scheme of things it's nothing spectacular but for us its a seismic shift in the right direction
It really is, and the 12th (?) Highest in the table.

Not scoring more than 2 in any game is also surely not to be expected too often given where we are in the league?

What difference does it make when the goals were scored? In fact scoring in the latter part of games could be seen as a good thing rather than a bad thing?

However obviously without Neto and Hwang on a little lull, yes we might struggle to find the net.

Was also massively over-performing his xG…

If we view the opening weeks of the season as an aberration owing to GoN arriving late etc then we've scored 10 in our last 6. The most we scored in a 6 game period last season was 7. Yes, I'm dull enough to check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back