• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (A) 27/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton away in Jan & Burnley away in April will almost certainly go to members as well by the way.

Thank you. Brighton would’ve been ideal but am away then. I’ll pay a bit more attention to availability now, thanks for the heads up.

Do Fulham still do the “neutral” section?

That’s how I’ve got tickets there in the past. It was basically an extension of the away end.

That’s how I’ve got tickets there in the past. It was basically an extension of the away end.
Not since they developed the ground, although I think it's still easy to get tickets if money isn't a consideration. Cheapest tickets in their new stand are £100

£59 to sit in the same stand as Wolves fans paying £30. I thought about doing it last season but pied off paying double.

I remember me, you, Del Wop and others losing our minds over a Jelle Van Damme goal. Must have been a decade ago! Pretty sure we lost the match, but I choose to forget that part!
Jelle was already back in Belgium by the time I was tuning in, so even more than a decade! 👴🏻

Oh, someone beat me to it. Fuckin’ @Elephant Pyjamas with your Dan-tier memory.

The noise around Henry at the time was totally unfair.
Yeah remember a lot of media outlets went in on us on the whole call us dirty etc worst being a national radio station who’s emblem is black lettering with a yellow back ground.
They all forgot that we lost Guidoira to a similar scissors tackle by Steve Sidwell.

Sidwell's challenge was disgraceful, Henry didn't do a huge amount wrong (he did produce an absolute shocker at Wigan a few weeks later and was rightly sent off).

Sadly Henry himself bought into the narrative as time went along and forgot about what he was good at in the first place.

Not sure on the timelines but the whole Joey Barton thing seemed to effect him too.

That game against Newcastle, wow!

Barton properly got in his head when he played for QPR down here.

I lost it with Henry after that nonsense vs Villa and he never got back onside with me. Even less so when he obviously plotted against Solbakken and then kept praising Saunders.

That Newcastle game was just an old-fashioned scrap to me, there wasn't too much beyond the pale. Even if we did commit a lot of fouls they had that fat cunt Nolan trying to ref the game and Alan Lipstick Smith spending 80% of the match sliding around on his arse, so swings and roundabouts.

Just to add on the tickets situation for this one: whilst tickets have got as far as members, even before this, the vast majority of the tickets left had restricted view written on them. So, if you're travelling down from the west mids on a Monday night, I'm not sure you're necessarily going to want to do all that and then not be able to see all of the pitch.

GO says no chance that Neto is fit for this one and will be 'weeks' before he is back

If we continue the season as things have gone so far, & without many other injuries we can cope. Yes he's a significant miss, but we do have players who can produce in the right systems.
Fortunately, O'Neil does seem to consider this as well as the opposition, so it's not the end of the world.

A reminder with O'Neil's pre-match comments how young he is for a manager; he played with Bobby Decordova-Reid at Bristol City when Nuno was our manager (although he didn't feature in either game against us that season).

I'd also forgotten they'd got our inexplicable Kryptonite in Iwobi playing for them now, you grudgingly accept it when a good player like Phillips/Ings keeps scoring against you but not total crap like him or Origi.

A reminder with O'Neil's pre-match comments how young he is for a manager; he played with Bobby Decordova-Reid at Bristol City when Nuno was our manager (although he didn't feature in either game against us that season).

I'd also forgotten they'd got our inexplicable Kryptonite in Iwobi playing for them now, you grudgingly accept it when a good player like Phillips/Ings keeps scoring against you but not total crap like him or Origi.
Forget the exact game but Iwobi was terrible for them in their last televised game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back