• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) 9/3: Build-Up & Match Thread

The dream of a fit and firing Hwang/Cunha/Neto front three still not likely to be realised any time soon.

Comms assume 3atb but I’d guess Toti LB and RAN LW.

Sarabia been pocketed by Bassey unfortunately.

This has been a pretty disheartening 45 minutes of football. Injuries we can't afford and looking impotent at one end of the pitch and vulnerable at the other. The small squad chickens have definitely come home to roost.

Obviously having a small group doesn't help when playing them so regularly, but 5 first team players all out at the same time is pretty shit luck.

When was the last time we had our first choice front three all out at the same time with identical injuries?

Injuries have obviously killed the mood but IMO we’ve looked relatively solid given the formation and now personnel changes.

Pretty lacking in ideas going forward but we’re down four good attacking players, so to be expected to an extent. Fraser at least looks the part when the ball does come to him.

Well playing Neto was a good idea after carrying a knock from last week

Injuries have obviously killed the mood but IMO we’ve looked relatively solid given the formation and now personnel changes.

Pretty lacking in ideas going forward but we’re down four good attacking players, so to be expected to an extent. Fraser at least looks the part when the ball does come to him.
We haven't looked that solid though. We've been played through/around too often and could easily be 2 nil down.

Well that’s about as damaging a half of football you could’ve had with injuries, fuck knows where any goals are coming from now.

I don't think there's been a game this season where we have looked less like scoring. I honestly can't even think of a shot on target, and only one off target. It's been pretty dire.

Beat me to it. I was going to say we look vulnerable defensively and it’s not as if we look even close to scoring .

We haven't looked that solid though. We've been played through/around too often and could easily be 2 nil down.
Matter of opinion, yes Fulham had the Tosin chance but otherwise it’s been fine, and we give up at least one chance like that each match anyway. Moreover, that chance was credit to Fulham more than blame to us; it was lovely football.

Gomes keeps rubbing his thigh, scared every time he does it

Very little we can do tactically now with the injuries, Bueno a bombscare, Fraser a second behind in his head. 4 at the back brave, 4 at the back and a high line very, very brave

ItS An imPoarTuNT gAmE plAY uR bESt pLaYErs

Very little we can do with the injuries, Bueno a bombscare, Fraser a second behind in his head. 4 at the back brave, 4 at the back and a high line very, very brave
Better to put the casserole in the oven now than later when we need it more?

That’s my optimistic thought.

Annoying, frustrating and overwhelmingly poor performance. Plenty of the ball and fuck all idea of what to do with it in the last third. At the other end, we leave ourselves exposed with careless passes turning the ball over to them. We ain't winning this based on what we've seen so far and we'll be lucky not to lose if it ends a draw.

We played russian roulette with Hwang and done it again with Neto. Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. Good job we have points on the board. On the bright side, should give some players an opportunity to show what they can do and build some experience. I guess we all have to remain patient and be thankful we aren't near the bottom. We're heading down the table now... but anywhere 12th to 17th would have done in August.

Matter of opinion, yes Fulham had the Tosin chance but otherwise it’s been fine, and we give up at least one chance like that each match anyway. Moreover, that chance was credit to Fulham more than blame to us; it was lovely football.
They've had 3 golden chances

So we’re going into a cup QF with no Cuhna, Neto and Hwang. Bit of a leveller for next week then.

Well playing Neto was a good idea after carrying a knock from last week
That's what I thought. Pleased to hear yesterday he was available but surprised today that he was starting. Limited options mean O'Neil's hand has been forced.

Back