• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/nickgoff79/status/1310500093938864128?s=20

This is a good thread about some of the issues and why we miss Jonny/Marcal right now too.

think he's right that Hoever could be the long term (or even short term) solution to the right centre back role. I thought he looked sharp last night when he came on, but could be better suited to the right of the back three. Would allow Boly to move over/compete with Saiss depending on where you stand with them right now.

That would all then allow us to not shift Donck back into the back three - relating to our discussion.

I think we have good options, so I'm interested to see if we do sign anyone who it is and where they would play.

https://twitter.com/nickgoff79/status/1310500093938864128?s=20

This is a good thread about some of the issues and why we miss Jonny/Marcal right now too.

think he's right that Hoever could be the long term (or even short term) solution to the right centre back role. I thought he looked sharp last night when he came on, but could be better suited to the right of the back three. Would allow Boly to move over/compete with Saiss depending on where you stand with them right now.

That would all then allow us to not shift Donck back into the back three - relating to our discussion.

I think we have good options, so I'm interested to see if we do sign anyone who it is and where they would play.

Had this discussion with Aiki last night, Hoever might be the solution to it all - helluva a risk though. Also Hoever playing RWB open up moving Semedo across to remove Vini from the team.

I’d do anything to get Vinagre out the team. He wasn’t the worst last night, but he’s offering nothing and we are literally carrying him. We’re even refusing to pass him the ball.

Not sure the basis for the cries of Boly to LCB. Playing on the left makes him better on the ball as he cuts inside onto his stronger foot. But his issues aren’t on the ball, it’s defensively.

I think Donck works better in the 3-4-3 in CM because he gets up alongside the forwards. Like at Utd. He might not do anything when he gets the ball, but his sheer presence occupies players and Opens space for others.

Assuming Marcal is out, and Podence is fit I would go

Rui

Boly-Coady-Saiss

Semedo-Neves-Donk-Vinagre

Podence-Raul-Neto

Can't see Nuno changing the back 3 on the back of last nights game, and Traore is a better option from the bench for me rather than starting

--------------------------------Patricio--------------------------

--------------------Boly-------Coady--------Saiss------------

Hoever----Dendoncker----Neves----Moutinho-----Semedo

----------------------Podence--------Jimenez------------

Assuming Marcel isn't fit and Podence is, i'd go with the above.

Traore hasn't got an assist since Bournemouth at home, some 14/15 games ago (i believe?) and i feel he unbalances us and lead to him and Semedo "bottlenecking" last night, at the moment i feel he's best suited as an impact sub.

Solid base, 3 in midfield, don't concede!

-----------------------Patricio
----------Todibo-------Coady--------Boly
Semedo---Neves-----Soumare ---Vitinha---Ait-Nouri
------------------Raul-----------Silva

Assuming Marcal is out, and Podence is fit I would go

Rui

Boly-Coady-Saiss

Semedo-Neves-Donk-Vinagre

Podence-Raul-Neto

Can't see Nuno changing the back 3 on the back of last nights game, and Traore is a better option from the bench for me rather than starting

Same team for me. We will never play possession based style while Traore is playing. Opponents are now coping with him far better by pushing him outside and accepting he may get a cross but unless it lands on Raùl’s head it won’t cause them any problems. As a sub he gets more space and against tired opponents can create far more. If we persist with him we’d have been better off spending a fraction of the money we spent on Semedo on a solid RB and using the rest elsewhere.

-----------------------Patricio
----------Todibo-------Coady--------Boly
Semedo---Neves-----Soumare ---Vitinha---Ait-Nouri
------------------Raul-----------Silva

Have I missed something or is this wishful thinking?

I've seen more than enough of Tim Ream to know that he should never be confident of anything.

Podence and Marcal...neither are ruled out for the weekend. Marcal in light training. They'll see how they both get through this week before making a decision ahead of Sunday's game against Fulham

Spiers

Patricio

Semedo Hoever Coady Boly Marcal

Neves Dendoncker

Neto Raul Podence

I wonder if moving Boly to the left will sort his form, or if he is just in bad form and it will make sod all difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back