• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

alfoeN3FJAz6.gif

I have never once heard anyone say "I want to spend Christmas Eve with my family".
Doesn’t bother me but my lad has young kids and they will already have plans for Xmas Eve.

Doesn’t bother me but my lad has young kids and they will already have plans for Xmas Eve.
And I get it, that's a pain.

But no more so than any random individual fan could point to you on any other game that moves. It was a pain for me that Liverpool got moved to lunchtime as originally my plan was to go pub->game->pub->Dexys, whereas this way I had to go home in between.

Christmas Eve isn't universally sacrosanct is the point, it's a working day.

alfoeN3FJAz6.gif

I have never once heard anyone say "I want to spend Christmas Eve with my family".
I do :(

We always have a few beers with friends and family at lunch time then go to see Xmas lights before dinner at home. Been a nice tradition for us since kids have been around.

Still great that the armchair fans get to watch football on sky.

I do :(

We always have a few beers with friends and family at lunch time then go to see Xmas lights before dinner at home. Been a nice tradition for us since kids have been around.

Still great that the armchair fans get to watch football on sky.
I get you on the latter point, people acting entitled that they have the right to watch everything ever annoys me.

But that's just your tradition, isn't it. Christmas Eve isn't set aside, as I say I've worked tons of them. It's not a public holiday. If I had a tradition where on my birthday all my friends and family came over and watched 90s VHS season reviews of Wolves with me* then I couldn't very well get in a huff if Wolves also happened to have a fixture moved to April 11, could I?

*They don't. But they should

My first thought was with the families of the over weight Stone Islanders who are now gonna be getting twatted and ruin Christmas tbh.

It is a weird one though, suspect it'll annoy more people than it pleases

I never thought much of it at the time but having Leeds vs Man Utd when they last did it - and I remember the game on Sky - was quite the bold pick!

We had Liverpool on Black Eye Friday in 2018 and I was fucking dreading it. Went off alright in the end but we didn't hang about afterwards.

alfoeN3FJAz6.gif

If you’ve got young kids you do. I love spending Christmas Eve with the kids, building all the excitement up for the next day.

If I didn’t have kids then I’d probably happily go and watch a game of football though. Mind you, if I didn’t have kids then I’d probably still have a season ticket!

And I get it, that's a pain.

But no more so than any random individual fan could point to you on any other game that moves. It was a pain for me that Liverpool got moved to lunchtime as originally my plan was to go pub->game->pub->Dexys, whereas this way I had to go home in between.

Christmas Eve isn't universally sacrosanct is the point, it's a working day.
I undertook Standby for about 17/20 Christmas Days, my choice, but it was always sorted miles in advance. People will have plans and many like Tredman have family commitments. Kids before and on Christmas Day, football on Boxing Day has worked for years, absolutely no need to change it now.

Fine by me, great way to enjoy Christmas Eve, I don’t want to come over all Bah Humbug but as I’ve got older the whole Christmas thing doesn’t do much for me. I’m an ardent live sport fan and always look forward to Boxing Day more than Christmas Day.

Fine by me, great way to enjoy Christmas Eve, I don’t want to come over all Bah Humbug but as I’ve got older the whole Christmas thing doesn’t do much for me. I’m an ardent live sport fan and always look forward to Boxing Day more than Christmas Day.
Yeah Boxing Day is one of my favourite days of the year for that reason!

Brentford have ten days off before our game on Boxing Day owing to City playing in the Club World Cup.

Scenes when the PL don't move our game after making us play on Christmas Eve. Wouldn't be the first time after Liverpool/City in 2019.

If you’ve got young kids you do. I love spending Christmas Eve with the kids, building all the excitement up for the next day.

If I didn’t have kids then I’d probably happily go and watch a game of football though. Mind you, if I didn’t have kids then I’d probably still have a season ticket!
Well there you go, I don't have kids, never wanted them and never will have them. So I can't put myself in that position.

I don't believe there is a cultural thing in the UK about Christmas Eve though, I've been around long enough to know that.

Brentford have ten days off before our game on Boxing Day owing to City playing in the Club World Cup.

Scenes when the PL don't move our game after making us play on Christmas Eve. Wouldn't be the first time after Liverpool/City in 2019.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we’re the early kick off Boxing Day then told to just get on with it. Common sense thing would be us playing on the evening of the 27th.

For me, being a really old fucker, boxing day is a footie tradition, shame to spoil it.

Paying ten times the norm for chocolate in a fancy box and an egg shape during Spring is also a tradition, doesn't make it a good idea.

Back