• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

No one. There is an effort from fans groups from all Prem clubs to get this game moved from Christmas Eve.

I presume they have asked for 8pm as Sky have a free slot at that time and they are aware the move is down to Sky so it won't get moved without a TV showing. Shame for them the time they have picked is shit but a limited pool to choose from. The game will go ahead on Christmas Eve but a bit of noise from fans groups is to be expected.
My completely individual perspective: I am one of those who travels a longish way to home games with a young family and, purely personally, we're definitely looking forward to 1pm Christmas Eve. Works really well actually - good day out, just about get home in time to enjoy the Christmas Eve evening which is important for the kids (and me!). Obviously late Saturday would stink in comparison as that's an early hours return. This is just one perspective of course...

No one. There is an effort from fans groups from all Prem clubs to get this game moved from Christmas Eve.

I presume they have asked for 8pm as Sky have a free slot at that time and they are aware the move is down to Sky so it won't get moved without a TV showing. Shame for them the time they have picked is shit but a limited pool to choose from. The game will go ahead on Christmas Eve but a bit of noise from fans groups is to be expected.
I think there has been representation from Chelsea supporters group too. 8:00pm seems crazy for the travelling supporters.

Saturday night games are appalling, last time I attended one there were fans in the South Bank fighting each other. Giving idiots a whole days drinking before a football game (especially on a Bank holiday weekend) is a recipe for trouble.

Sky won’t move it. They want a game every day bar Christmas Day as they are planning all their scheduling around having that over the holidays.

It's a pretty baffling oversight by their webdev team tbf.

It's a pretty baffling oversight by their webdev team tbf.
I have an Athletic subscription, but did try it on a couple of other sites and it didn't work, so yes rather than a universal hack it seems pretty amateurish on their part

Aye, that sort of check should be part of user auth, which shouldn't be anything other than the very first thing the page does.

If hitting the `Cancel Page Load` button on your browser gets you around that, it means they've likely got their authentication behind a synchronous function, which is...

Well it shouldn't get past a peer review, much less into production, put it that way.

Stealing stuff that's routinely available for £1/month is pretty lame, isn't it.

As for Christmas Eve, I note Motherwell vs Rangers is also on that lunchtime. Haven't heard anywhere near the amount of fuss about that one.

Stealing stuff that's routinely available for £1/month is pretty lame, isn't it.

As for Christmas Eve, I note Motherwell vs Rangers is also on that lunchtime. Haven't heard anywhere near the amount of fuss about that one.
I bet you would if it was on NYE or NYD.

True High Performance is not letting the haterz get to you and rising above it and editing the post so it works again...so with that in mind I won't tell you to do one, get fucked or meet Paul at the KCF in Cannock...

True High Performance is not letting the haterz get to you and rising above it and editing the post so it works again...so with that in mind I won't tell you to do one, get fucked or meet Paul at the KCF in Cannock...
There’s a KCF in Cannock?!

I'm trying to avoid Paddy having a go at me for IP infringement.

Bit like Steve Bruce saying E&A in his books instead of A&E

Back