• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I wonder why they've let him play with the u21's if he wants to.

If they want him gone I wouldn't have thought he should be involved with any of the teams

I wonder why they've let him play with the u21's if he wants to.

If they want him gone I wouldn't have thought he should be involved with any of the teams
Another club won't be as likely to sign him if he isn't match fit.

Jonny not part of the squad until the end of January. Which is essentially a "we expect you to leave in January"

Really polite way of saying “he’ll be sold/loaned out in January”.

Playing in the u21s won't change his match fitness levels imo
Its the club finding a balance. His career is done at Wolves but allowing him to train, keep up his sharpness and looking after his mental health in the time between now and leaving and of course if the plague wipes the players at the club and we are really really reeeeealllly short on options and we have no choice but to lift his ban he does still have a degree a fitness suitable to step in

Update on Jonny

Its the club finding a balance. His career is done at Wolves but allowing him to train, keep up his sharpness and looking after his mental health in the time between now and leaving and of course if the plague wipes the players at the club and we are really really reeeeealllly short on options and we have no choice but to lift his ban he does still have a degree a fitness suitable to step in
Yeah, that does make sense.

I suppose training on your own is tough mentally and would be really easy to lose sharpness

@Sniffer I think thats what you were getting at too

Pains me to say it but I'll be glad when he's gone.
Don't want his legacy damaging any further.
Hopefully gets some kind of meaningful move.

Update on Jonny
1701965862153-png.8984

One last hurrah for him at Celta maybe?

Pains me to say it but I'll be glad when he's gone.
Don't want his legacy damaging any further.
Hopefully gets some kind of meaningful move.
Totally agree.

One of my favourite players in the Nuno era - massively underrated and a 7 or 8/10 week in, week out.

A massive reason for where we got to - far from one of the superstars (Neves, Joao, Raul, Jota) but equally as important as any of them during that period.

Wish him all the best and a massive thank you.

Back