• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Whilst deplorable this probably shows the wider mental side of injuries. Being out so long with the same knee and losing your way and place isn't easy at any level. When its the actual source of your income I came imagine that's magnified massively. As weird as it sounds the spitting is the worse bit for me.

Pure speculation and guessing in my view, but if someone has clattered into him in what he felt was over zealous for training challenge, I can understand losing your cool if you've let issues build up. Not acceptable but most people have probably seen someone snap like this over a seemingly small thing,that turns out to be linked to wider issues.

Already played Monday for the youth sides, so hopefully he has learned from this and can get sorted with a move in January.

Jonny tried to elbow Chirewa, he missed. Gobbed on one of the coaches and then smashed up a recreation area including the TV

Take home story? Don't do drugs, kids.

He downed tools under Lage though (that Brighton performance...), which regardless of the manager is not forgivable.
Again, so did most of the team. Raul put zero effort in once he came on. At least Saiss, Boly, Coady, Ruddy, Jonny and Raul had all had enough of him by then. I've skim read the verdict thread, Jonny isn't being pulled up specifically on it, it was a collective downing of tools and he only came on as a second half sub. It was the game after the supposed bust up.

There are a shed load of former players who suffer really bad injuries and never play again to any high level . They end up leaving their club , playing at a much lower level or retiring and taking up coaching etc .
It's unfortunate what has happened to Jonny , but very few players resort to that level of behaviour . You have to hold it together . He could have left in the Summer is my understanding , but no one would match his salary - the price is then you sit on the bench all season and that makes you frustrated . Doherty isn't the answer - but Jonny is not the Manager , he doesn't get to make those calls .

There are a shed load of former players who suffer really bad injuries and never play again to any high level . They end up leaving their club , playing at a much lower level or retiring and taking up coaching etc .
It's unfortunate what has happened to Jonny , but very few players resort to that level of behaviour . You have to hold it together . He could have left in the Summer is my understanding , but no one would match his salary - the price is then you sit on the bench all season and that makes you frustrated . Doherty isn't the answer - but Jonny is not the Manager , he doesn't get to make those calls .
You have no idea what Jonny is going through mentally or physically to make such a judgement.

Try reading @big mean bunny post as it might give some context.

They still think he's a good enough egg to be around the u21s

I wonder though if Chirewa and Jonny will play at the same time in the u21s. Obviously bust ups happen all the time and players still play together so it probably won't matter too much.

They still think he's a good enough egg to be around the u21s

I wonder though if Chirewa and Jonny will play at the same time in the u21s. Obviously bust ups happen all the time and players still play together so it probably won't matter too much.
If it had ended with a bad tackle and a missed elbow we'd have never heard of it. I doubt there's any bad blood that extended beyond the moment.

Tbh I'm not convinced it's just a purple patch. Those technical deficiencies haven't gone away
I don't think you're ever going to clear up his technique, but if you give him chances he'll get goals.

Obviously we need to progress the squad so we're not in a position like we were on Saturday, where he wasn't doing anything but the manager doesn't trust anyone else to get a goal, so he played the full match when he probably shouldn't have.

His finishing is top notch. He has areas of his game that are awful, no doubt about that but we are now using him correctly and getting him into the position to score. This isn't a tap in merchant (despite his first goal for us being from 2 inches out), the winner v Burnley was class, finish v Newcastle etc.

Last edited:
Back