• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'll bite. Spurs bought a first choice player from a team who finshed a place behind them the year before and was under contract for another couple of years. The fact is he's shit as we all know, but he absolutely was worth what they paid and probably more from the fact that their perception had to be that they were weakening an opponent and he wasn't crap. The fact the club didn't see 1/3 of that is another issue
So even though he's shit and we all knew it, and he's been shit since he went there, he was still worth what they paid, because their perception was he wasn't shit and he was worth it, even now they've now been proven wrong.

How in the name of Christ is that any different to Wolves having the perception that Fabio was a "generational talent" (not my opinion!!!!!) before they signed him.

I'll bite. Spurs bought a first choice player from a team who finshed a place behind them the year before and was under contract for another couple of years. The fact is he's shit as we all know, but he absolutely was worth what they paid and probably more from the fact that their perception had to be that they were weakening an opponent and he wasn't crap. The fact the club didn't see 1/3 of that is another issue
That is barely a nibble.

So even though he's shit and we all knew it, and he's been shit since he went there, he was still worth what they paid, because their perception was he wasn't shit and he was worth it, even now they've now been proven wrong.

How in the name of Christ is that any different to Wolves having the perception that Fabio was a "generational talent" (not my opinion!!!!!) before they signed him.
Well the bit about signing him from a team that finished a position below them and and the 70 odd Premier League appearances would cover that. The only Fabio comparison is the same agent creamed a 1/3 off both deals

Last edited:
If you were a really lazy Football Manager player and you went "Search -> Defenders -> Goals" then he'd look like quite a good signing.

The thing is if they'd watched even one game of him playing at RB for Ireland they'd have known he's shit.

Sorry Tony. You aren’t making a lot of sense with this argument. But it is opening up the Fabio shit again. Which is not a lot of fun. So I will step away.

Sorry Tony. You aren’t making a lot of sense with this argument. But it is opening up the Fabio shit again. Which is not a lot of fun. So I will step away.
Why? I didnt introduce Fabio, so lets park him.

An established PL player, only 28, indisputably in the first 11 of a direct rival under a considerable contract went for £15/16m - depending on what report you read. You have to presume Tottenham didn't think he was shit, so in what way is that overpaying?

Forget the player himself, look at what he was in terms of a first 11 player from a Top 7 side and what they thought he was

They over paid because he is a fucking disaster area for the formation they play. As has been shown over the last season

If you were a really lazy Football Manager player and you went "Search -> Defenders -> Goals" then he'd look like quite a good signing.

The thing is if they'd watched even one game of him playing at RB for Ireland they'd have known he's shit.
We signed Patrick Cutrone after one half decent season even though he had a bad season afterwards. I mean he didn’t even look good in his YouTube compilation.

Clubs do stupid things.

We signed Patrick Cutrone after one half decent season even though he had a bad season afterwards. I mean he didn’t even look good in his YouTube compilation.

Clubs do stupid things.
Indeed they do.

We actually played against Tony Pulis' Stoke multiple times with Olofinjana in midfield and he still thought he was some kind of all-conquering physical powerhouse. I've got news for you, Tone.

Doherty was an unreal signing for Spurs, I mean they'd made a Champions League final a year beforehand. If you don't exactly mimic our formation and his role from 2017-2020 then he will look like a bad League One player, because that's what he is.

Apologies to anyone I've pissed off with my Fabio posts, I'm new here and I missed the original debates about his fee. I don't intend any offence to those I've been debating with about this (or anything else) and I don't take offence from those who do disagree with me. I just love a good debate and to be honest I could go back and forth about it for ages. For everyone's else's sake I won't keep banging on about it (unless we end up selling him £250m or something like that)

Don't worry WolfMan. Debate is good but some posters tire easily :ROFLMAO:

Just another view because you don't need it, I thought Fabio was a hugely significant and great signing for us a year ago and I had no doubts about the price paid. I still think we'd get most of it back even now (at least £25m). However am I a lot more cautious about his actual potential now and am highly doubtful he's the world beater I first thought he might be. I can't really work out what type of player is he going to develop into...

Update on stadium plans:

I posted this on the ticket price thread, but its a very light touch from the Club in terms of info.

Looks more like the Council are talking up the discussions, lets face it they don't have the best track record with securing investment in the City. I don't see anything moving forward with this for some time.

People may moan about the Fabio talk but just wanted to point out I actually kinda enjoyed reading through the different views on the last few pages, so at least for me it's no where near the tedium that some of the topics have with me!

Reactions: jlo
I posted this on the ticket price thread, but its a very light touch from the Club in terms of info.

Looks more like the Council are talking up the discussions, lets face it they don't have the best track record with securing investment in the City. I don't see anything moving forward with this for some time.
Fosun's biggest hold over the council would be if they threatened to move out of the City and into Staffs somewhere. If they believed that to be credible they'd bend over backwards to keep them imo

Back