• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I got one, and that wasn't even the Wolves question. I guess I don't pay much attention to other teams these days

7/8 Stuff like the Man Utd question was relatively logical to work out. Just got the goalscoring combination Q wrong.

Wolves are streaming their end of season awards live tonight on wolves player and via the app.

What happens if Man City get banned from the Champions League and they win the FA Cup? Would they get our Europa League spot?

Not a chance in hell.

Plus they would appeal anyway which would push any ban back to the season after next.

What happens if Man City get banned from the Champions League and they win the FA Cup? Would they get our Europa League spot?
No because their ban would be from all UEFA Tournaments.

Interesting
b1e05cdbe8ff4553bce44faefd7c5f03.jpg

Looks very similar to the previous design under Morgan doesn't it? Apart from the single tier Southbank and the now slightly separate North Bank.

Looks very similar to the previous design under Morgan doesn't it? Apart from the single tier Southbank and the now slightly separate North Bank.
Kind of has to be or else we are rebuilding the North Bank again.

Timmy has posted a great comparison on Twitter between current and planned. Shows how much bigger it will be and the South Bank as a single tier will be stunning

And the much bigger steve bull stand

They’ll need to be a lot of digging out of the South Bank to accommodate the lower concourse.

They’ll need to be a lot of digging out of the South Bank to accommodate the lower concourse.

Not sure they will, looks like they will be closer to the current ones than it may look at first glance, plus it's only a visual. I wouldn't read too much into it.

No on who controls the purse strings will have been too close to the design yet...

That's a lot of stairs for the more exciteable South Bankers to fall down when celebrating

As much as it's exciting to see the scale of the new plans, I can't help but feel surprised that they're sticking with the external appearance (from the roof supports to the brickwork) of the Morgan plans. From a design and engineering standpoint it makes sense to stick a new horseshoe onto the North Bank - the structure itself is far too new to justify demolishing and starting from scratch - but from an architectural point of view it feels like a missed opportunity to start afresh by designing a new external cladding for the NB to match the other three new stands, not the other way around. Not to mention that the Morgan plans were always quite bland, and Fosun haven't shied away from making bold statements so far.

On the other hand, the last two years have left me feeling like a kid at 4pm on Christmas day complaining that he can't physically eat any more chocolate, so I probably shouldn't be churlish.

We wont be changing the north bank it's fine. We will match the new stands to be sympathetic to this

We aren't going to get a birds nest or Allianz arena, bricks a good external finish, much better than cladding which would be the other practicable alternative.

Back