• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Giro d'Italia / Tour de France

Maybe could be one or 2 more but i don't like too many as you often just end up with the same result time and time again. Quintana's weakness (for whatever reason) has been a real shame for the race. Maybe he'll wake up in the Alps but he just doesn't look right so far and so instead it looks like a battle for the podium and nothing more. Have still really enjoyed the race though and hoping for a good final week.

Mark Cavendish has pulled out of the tour to concentrate his efforts on trying to get his first Olympic medal.

Given the level of opposition and how the last couple of years have gone for him for me this has been Cav's finest tour. Shame he couldn't cling onto Paris and aim for win number 5 on the Champs but he desperately wants that Olympic medal and I hope it works out for him. Got to be favourite for the worlds now as well.

Cracking mountain stage. Hats off to Ritchie Porte he looked immense on that climb, I think Froome was struggling to keep up at and it will be interesting to see if Porte does it again on Friday after the time trial day.

Fair play to Adam Yates too, still on the podium and not far behind Mollema now too. The time trial should suit him tomorrow.

Froome was on Porte's wheel by the end, I think he gave him a lead as he's not a GC threat and then decided to bridge to him simply to crush his rivals' spirits.

Quintana is a busted flush. I cannot see how he's anything but ill as he hasn't made a move stick and has been gobbled up by the GC group too often. Not as if he's anywhere near his prime either, so declining ability is not even a consideration.

Froome was on Porte's wheel by the end, I think he gave him a lead as he's not a GC threat and then decided to bridge to him simply to crush his rivals' spirits.

Quintana is a busted flush. I cannot see how he's anything but ill as he hasn't made a move stick and has been gobbled up by the GC group too often. Not as if he's anywhere near his prime either, so declining ability is not even a consideration.

when porte broke quintana made an effort to bridge, made maybe 5 yards or so then realised he couldn't do it and fell back in. compared to last couple of years he doesn't look anywhere near the same energy levels. froome made the effort to get to porte but did look tired at the end. I don't think he had the energy to go round him, though you never know with froome. Yates stuck in there well and didn't lose many seconds - what a future.

Froome did what he needed - he broke Quintana and Mollema. Porte isn't a threat.

Agree with all that. Quintana simply must be ill, worst I have ever seen him. Even when not in top condition he still has a kick.

Froome spanks the TT for a stage win. Puts 20 seconds on Dumoulin who was far and away quickest, everyone else riding for places. Quintana actually reasonable today for a change.

I thought Yates didn't do badly and Porte had a good day. Mollema just held in there.

Oh - and a good time for Aru as well.

Should be a good battle for the remaining podiums! Really hope Yates can get something...

Sagan apparently signs a €6m per year contract with Bora Argon. that's some proper money there.

Dumoulin crashed and immediately abandoned with a suspected broken wrist. Poor bugger, could jeopardise his Olympic bid.

Pierre Rolland loses his front end and skids along the road. I bet that stung a bit.

What. A. Stage.

Brilliant in every way. Warren Bardet has done himself the world of good there and Quintana finally showed up! Froome also showing his true mettle by getting up and finishing on his team mates bike.

Back