• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Giro d'Italia / Tour de France

Still some brutes though, including a 17% kick in the final TT. Plus, the climbing starts in the first week so no way to ease yourself into the race a la Pantani circa 1998. (Can't tell I'm reading about the Festina affair, can you?)

Have climbed both the Galibier and d'Izoard on those routes, both from the same sides.

First time the Tour has been up them since, I cannot wait!

Really sad, won the first stage of the Tour of the Alps this week and completed that race 4th yesterday. Former Giro winner. RIP Michele.

The 100th Giro d'Italia starts today in Sardinia. Would be looking forward to it, but I don't have Eurosport :(

Just put it on. Is it not on ITV4 as well like le tour?

Great route this year with some absolute bastard stages. I love the giro because it really is for the mountain goats.

Nope, Eurosport have exclusive UK broadcasting. There's a highlights show on one of their free-to-view sister channels each night, but that's about it.

Three weeks of Sean Kelly comms then.

Squeeze will be delighted.

Hmmm - well-known cyclist Jonathan Edwards appears to be the front man for Eurosport. Interesting.

Fascinating stage though.

Today is quite a tough day for so early in a GT. Very tough. I don't think the GC contenders are going to come out and play yet, but there could be some good attacks.

It really is just a build up to the Etna stage in a few days though.

Turned into a really DULL stage today. Quite a disappointment. Griepel finally in the maglia rosa is nice though, but really bugger all happened today bar Teklaheimanot just nicking the lead in the mountains classification.

I am looking forward to watching Etna. Think the Stelvio stage is mid-week too.

Tomorrow's stage looks deadpan flat and dull. Hope there is something exciting in the day, but I think it will be a bunch thing at the end again.

Was looking forward to some coverage this afternoon then realised they're already on a bloody rest day. Pah.

Incidentally, been hoovering up cycling biographies of late: Bartali and Coppi's are good, as is Luis Ocana's.

Back