• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I got sun burned quite badly 3 times in one week during the Summer of 76, my only excuse is I was 17 and may have had a bit to drink.
Of course the injuries were nowhere near as bad as my fingers were in 69

I quite like the warm weather, not to paddy levels, but am still shocked to see people out going for a run at 2pm on these hot days.
People will be tempted to make the most of it without realising the heat etc will worsen & have a significant impact. The majority won't even take simple steps like increase water intake for example.
Kids, the elderly and those with health issues do need encouragement to take preventative steps. Indeed as th heat is unusual, we all do.
I'm confused by people being confused about reasonable public health advice for all of us to be proactive in taking care of ourselves?
Just got back from a run. It’s fine, man up 🤣

It’s muggy, or at least here. Looks like the end of summer next Wednesday anyway.

I'm still struggling to understand why we need a warning for weather that thousands of people pay to go abroad to experience every year. This would just be a normal summer around the Med., wouldn't it?
Exactly this.

I hate the media in this country.

A cursory glance at the met office website tells you it's a little bit hotter than normal but nowhere near the Mediterranean weather people pay for normally.

A more than cursory glance will tell you that the red warning is for Monday and Tuesday when it will be potentially hotter than it ever has been in this country.

It's saying 33-35 for Monday/Tuesday on the net office Web site, we've had it that hot and hotter numerous times in the past haven't we?
It's pretty simple really, if its hot and sunny, don't go out or wear a hat and sun block.

Met Office spokesman Grahame Madge said it was "potentially a very serious situation" with a 50% chance of temperatures reaching 40C somewhere in the UK - likely along the A1 corridor.

netweather has 36-38+.

Depends entirely on the model used. Consensus is 10% chance of breaking 40 degrees.

The hottest day we have ever had was when we played Crusaders. That hit 38.7 in Cambridge.

Met Office spokesman Grahame Madge said it was "potentially a very serious situation" with a 50% chance of temperatures reaching 40C somewhere in the UK - likely along the A1 corridor.
Potentially, chance, likely along the A1 corridor (some 400 miles).

There's a chance we could win the PL this season too.

Back