• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Helder Costa *SPOILER ALERT - Hasn't been Sold but the news is still a bit naff*

Surgery carries its own risks and no medical professional would commit to an operation unless it was absolutely necessary. Scans, x-rays and the like only give an indication of the problem and even then there will be other treatment options that would be tried before surgery if they were available. Most likely rest was advised and when he's come back for pre-season it became clear that this alone would not be sufficient.

Athletes get injured, it is an occupational hazard. Not really a big deal...yet. If he's still out in February however.

Spiers is in the air on his way to Austria. He'll land to be greeted with news of this!

I think Marshall will be first choice RB when the season starts. Ofusu seems to be injured (as he hasn't travelled to Austria) and Iorfa could well be on his way, so it wouldn't surprise me to see Fosun bring someone else in.

Wifi on planes now mate! I'm sure Express and Star journos can afford it ;)

He'll be like the proverbial new signing come October / November time

We should give him as long as he needs, there is no need to rush him back - we cannot risk his talent in anyway

We do seem to have had a fair amount of players over the years who get injured and months later end up having an operation to fix it

This is why I'm annoyed by the news, he's had an ankle injury since the last 5 games of last year and now he needs surgery? Should he not have had this 2 months ago?

This is why I'm annoyed by the news, he's had an ankle injury since the last 5 games of last year and now he needs surgery? Should he not have had this 2 months ago?

I'm guessing that's why we've changed the medical team

Wifi on planes now mate! I'm sure Express and Star journos can afford it ;)

He's tweeted to say he's "awaiting confirmation". Roughly translated as "I've been beaten to it by the guy who used to do my job, so may as well wait until it's made official". Bet he's fuming!

In their defence - he got injured in the warm up for Forest on the 4th of April. We won that night and basically ensured our safety. We weren't trying particularly hard to get him back for the remaining games, because what was the point, and he still wasn't properly in training when the season finished. Then everyone pops off on holiday, Helder included.

Returns to training last week (for the first time in three months), gives it a few days, something still isn't right, let's check it again, we'd better send him for an operation.

It's not ideal but I don't think it's that fair to be calling out the medical staff. It might be someone's fault somewhere down the line - we don't have a great record lately - but it isn't an obvious error at this stage based on what we know.

I thought we'd sold him then. Pardon me whilst I get over that brief heart attack.

It's actually a relief to not be too worried about this. Marshall was consistently one of our best players when he was there for the end of last season, I'm comfortable relying on him and also having Zyro back as another option. We really do have ridiculous depth out wide that we can lose Helder Costa for a few months and it be merely a shame, not a disaster.

Timmy has been told Costa is out for 2 months not 3

Thats good news

That's good news, much better than the early prediction.

Back