• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Henri Camara - your memories

I see Wswolfs pov though. Yes Kightly put in some amazing performances, scored some great goals etc etc.
Where he really falls down for me, was the repeated comments/interviews he gave for over 2 years about couldn't wait to get back, repay the faith, repay the fans etc, whilst in the last 6 months I believe he was instigating his departure himself. I believe that long before relegation was confirmed he'd made his mind up to leave, and had started working on where he'd go.

The manner of his leaving, (and to go to stoke ffs) and how he conducted himself made me wonder which of his 2 faces his mum used to kiss when she put him to bed.

Yes, he had said the same to me and WH when we met him at the Bray friendly in 2012. Talked about how he was looking forward to the new season and pushing for Promotion again.

Stephen Fletcher also said similar, praised the club and training ground, said it was the best club he'd been at etc etc

Yes, he had said the same to me and WH when we met him at the Bray friendly in 2012. Talked about how he was looking forward to the new season and pushing for Promotion again.

Stephen Fletcher also said similar, praised the club and training ground, said it was the best club he'd been at etc etc

I would treat such comments in the same way as when a player kisses the badge.

Him and Cort were the dogs gonads. In hindsight he probably wouldn't have fired us back to the PL. The flag day almost rivals the Sako love-in for cringeworthyness. You never had this type of complexity with the likes of Wayne Clarke or Norman Bell. Sitt .. you're too intense ...

Sako deserved it. Camara never came close to deserving it. Not comparable in any way.

The final few months of the season, Camara was the only positive of a horrible season. Before he suddenly turned into a player, our season was generally awful, bar the Utd and Liverpool results at home. All of sudden the fans had someone to put their hopes on. A key player for the next season, so I can kind of see how the OTT stuff happened.

Tut tut, Alex Rae was bloody brilliant that season.

but he wasn't "edge of your seat" brilliant was he. He was more a admire what you are seeing as the rest around him fuck it up type.

Goals creates heroes and as the season came to a close, Mr C was a proper goal threat.

True. Camara was superb vs Boro and Everton in particular.

Back