• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hinckley AFC

Meanwhile Stockport who we were playing in the league just over a decade ago are in the Conference North.

It doesn't seem that long ago since standing on that open terrace at Stockport in the second tier! Maybe I'm getting old...

I used to go to Edgeley Park quite a bit when I lived in Manchester. Sad what's happened to them.

Haven't a clue who they are but I feel a bit sad reading all this. A mighty shame for any club to have to die off like this.

Hopefully the fans won't allow it...

A new team will emerge, and the fans will support them as long as none of the current directors are involved. The biggest problem will be finding somewhere to play.

Unless Coventry try and move in rather than being at Sixfields, it does seem difficult for them, especially with muddied waters about stadium ownership. Sorry to hear this about your local team Frank. It is a real shame.

The crooks at Cov have said they have a site in mind (not far from Cov) to develop ready to leave sixfields ....
That is unless HMRC don't get em first.

Leicester Tigers and Hinckley Rugby Club are believed to have shown an interest in buying the complex. Hinckley RFC will then play their first team games there, and the outer pitches will be used by the Tigers for youth development. If this does happen it will leave the newco football team with a problem, they will not have a ground to play on.

Isn't Stuart Storer the Brum reserve player that Everton signed along with Wayne Clarke and diddled us out of our sell on clause as the official figure said Clarke went for next to nothing and he went for 6 figures?

As I remember it was allegedly done in revenge for us not paying for Joe Gallagher due to going into administration in 1982.

Farcical does not begin to describe things.

The supporters have formed a new club called AFC Hinckley, and have applied to the F.A. to be allowed into the pyramid structure, which would probably mean them playing in the Midland Alliance. So far so good, but suddenly out of nowhere the directors of the now defunct Hinckley United want to set up a team based at the Greene King stadium, where Hinckley United used to play. It also transpires that the newco have also applied to join the Midland Alliance. I doubt very much that both clubs will be accepted in the Midland Alliance, so one of them will probably have to start in the Leicestershire Senior League.

So the choice is clear. Should people back the supporters consortium that is self financing, and will again see football played in Hinckley, or do they support a club run by the same group of people that allowed Hinckley United to fold. I know which one I will support.

The new club, Hinckley AFC have been accepted in the Midland Football Alliance, which is three levels below where Hinckley United were. A manager has been appointed, Carl Abbott who has joined Hinckley from Wolverhampton Casuals. Carl Abbott started his football career as an apprentice at Wolves, but I am not sure how far he progressed at Molineux.

I am meeting him later, (Abbott not DW) so if I get a chance I will ask him about his time at Wolves.

Carl Abbott; Age: 33

Playing History: Wolverhampton Wanderers, Hednesford Town, Halesowen Harriers, Sandwell Borough, Stourport Swifts, Alvechurch

Seems he was on the down hill run before injury ended his career

Former Wolves player JJ Melligan has been appointed club captain of Hinckley AFC

After winning their first league game of the season at Southam, Hinckley AFC last night played their first "home" game in the Midland Football League. Sadly they lost 6-1 to Uttoxeter. JJ Melligan scoring their consolation.

Hinckley will be playing their home games at Heather St Johns this season, as due to even more ongoing legal issues, they cannot play at their former ground on Leicester Road Hinckley. Though Leicester City Ladies are going to play their home games at Hinckley.

When Hinckley United folded, out of the ashes rose not only Hinckley AFC, but also Leicester Road FC. Last season Leicester Road won promotion, to the MFL Division one, where this season we will see the two clubs meeting in the same league. Leicester Road play at Hinckley, while Hinckley AFC play at Heather St Johns. There is still plenty of bitterness about the demise of Hinckley United, and while Hinckley AFC must play at Leicester Road in the coming season, they have said that no directors will attend the game, and have asked their fans to boycott the game.

When Hinckley United folded, out of the ashes rose not only Hinckley AFC, but also Leicester Road FC. Last season Leicester Road won promotion, to the MFL Division one, where this season we will see the two clubs meeting in the same league. Leicester Road play at Hinckley, while Hinckley AFC play at Heather St Johns. There is still plenty of bitterness about the demise of Hinckley United, and while Hinckley AFC must play at Leicester Road in the coming season, they have said that no directors will attend the game, and have asked their fans to boycott the game.

I live within walking distance of Heather St Johns Frank. Will I need to board up my windows due to the animosity between the two clubs when they play?

I live within walking distance of Heather St Johns Frank. Will I need to board up my windows due to the animosity between the two clubs when they play?

You should be safe Sniffer...

I did not realise you lived so near to me. Ibstock is only about ten miles from Hinckley. We must meet up for a drink and a chat.

You'll have to come over when they play at Heather Frank and I'll buy you a pint in either the Queens Head or the Crown.

You'll have to come over when they play at Heather Frank and I'll buy you a pint in either the Queens Head or the Crown.
I drive past those two pubs on my way home from work every day. Small world.

Back