• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hinckley AFC

Yes I do it's around 15 miles away. I drive home from Coalville through Ibstock, Heather, Donisthorpe, Moira, Gresley, etc.

This is quite a complicated dispute...

When Hinckley United was put in to liquidation, two clubs were formed - Leicester Road and Hinckley AFC.

The two clubs owned different parts of the former Hinckley United ground.

Hinckley AFC put in bid to use the 3G pitches and paid more than £250,000 for them but Leicester Road football club have blocked access to the pitches with a fence.

Leicester Road Stadium claim they are well within their rights to put up the fence.

They say: "The land in question was purchased by the owners 3G Hinckley Ltd knowing full well they were landlocked.

"They chose to hire it out to third parties knowing they had no right of access.

"We did invite them to propose commercial terms to gain access, but rejected their derisory offer. Despite this they continued to use the road, and our assets were vandalised several times.

"As a result of this, we installed a gate and fences on the land. Any dispute needs to be settled between Hinckley AFC and their landlords."

Hinckley AFC say they now have no choice but to cancel events planned for children during half term because the fence is stopping them from getting to their pitches.

AFC's director, Steven David Jeffs, says: "We have Hinckely AFC juniors playing on there, AFC Barwell juniors and Leicester City coming over with some of their junior players.

"I'm devastated. One of the reasons we brought it is because we were aware that it might fall in the hands of developers to be built on, so it would remain open for the community and the community can't get there."

The fence was put up a week or so ago. And it runs from the outside of the ground as far as the bushes at the far end of the site. It must have cost a small fortune to erect it. It is about time that all parties came together and sorted this out. Leicester Road play at the ground, but the ground and the pitches around it is all that they own. Hinckley AFC own the 3G pitch, a farmer in Barwell owns the land at the very top of the site, and the changing rooms are owned by FE Downes Ltd. Leicester Road have to pay to be able to access their own ground. The whole situation is a total farce.

Also Hinckley AFC are very unhappy about the current situation at Heather. They are renting the ground from Heather St. John's F.C., but feel they are not being treated very well. Ideally they want to move back to Hinckley, but that will not happen until the current situation is resolved.

Hinckley AFC’s match against Coventry Copsewood at St John’s Park on Saturday was abandoned in farce after the referee showed four red cards to Hinckley players.

With the score at 4-1 to the visitors, the referee showed his third and fourth red cards in the 70th minute of the game.

Lee Thomas saw two yellows and Marcus Jackson was dismissed in an off the ball incident in the first half. After the break, Sam Agar also saw a second booking after his goal was disallowed, before Luke Richards confronted the referee and put his head very close to the referees face.

While Hinckley will inevitably face an FA charge, the biggest concern is that the fourth player to be sent off was told to get himself sent off by the Hinckley manager, and force the referee to abandon the game. The club could find themselves in very hot water over this game.

Indeed, though where they will be in trouble, is that the Coventry Copsewood manager heard the Hinckley manager telling a player to deliberately get himself sent off. He reported this to the referee when the game was abandoned. I expect this will be included in the referees report.

FA Cup tie moved for scarecrow festival

Hinckley AFC, who play in the Leicestershire village of Heather, have brought forward their home tie with Heanor Town because it clashes with one of the area's biggest annual events - the Heather Scarecrow Festival.

Hinckley AFC, whose team includes former Wolves midfielder JJ Melligan, were due to host the tie on Saturday at the ground they share with Heather St John's FC.

Their facilities are being used for the festival - which attracts thousands of visitors every year - and the match will now take place on Friday (19:45 BST).

"This is our third season at Heather but it's the first time we have had to move a game because of the scarecrow festival," said Steve Jelfs, chairman of Hinckley AFC, who play in the 10th-tier Midland Football League Division One.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36951791

Probably the last straw for some supporters.

I have to drive past those scarecrows every day on the way home. There are some really poor efforts some years. Some good ones too though.

I have to drive past those scarecrows every day on the way home. There are some really poor efforts some years.

I have to commute through West Bromwich and experience similar feelings.

I have to drive past those scarecrows every day on the way home. There are some really poor efforts some years. Some good ones too though.

I'd sooner look at the scarecrows than some of these acts playing in Heather this weekend. I'd guess that the FA Cup tie being moved is also down to this. I hope that the weather isn't good at the weekend as I'm going to have to have my windows closed.

BACK TO THE 80’S, 90’S, 00’S FESTIVAL LEICESTERSHIRE
Friday 5th, Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th August 2016
Cattows Farm, Heather, Leicestershire, LE67 2TD
Tickets from - Back2Festivals.co.uk

MAIN STAGE LIVE ACTS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
★ 5IVE
Performing – Everybody Get Up / Keep On Movin’ / When The Lights Go Out / Slam Dunk + Many More
★ S CLUB PARTY
Performing – Don’t Stop Movin’ / Reach / S Club Party / Never Had A Dream Come True + Many More
★ CHESNEY HAWKES
Performing – The One & Only / I’m A Man Not A Boy / Secrets Of The Heart + Many More
★ VENGABOYS
Performing – We Like To Party / Kiss / Up & Down / We’re Going To Ibiza / Kiss + Many More
★ SONIA
Performing – You’ll Never Stop Me From Loving You / End Of The World
★ WHIGFIELD
Performing – Saturday Night / Another Day / Think Of You + Many More
★ BABY D
Performing – Let Me Be Your Fantasy / I Need Your Loving / So Pure + Many More
★ CHINA BLACK
Performing - Searching / Stars + Many More
★ ALEX PARTY
Performing – Don’t Give me Your Life / Wrap Me Up / Read My Lips + Many More
★ URBAN COOKIE COLLECTIVE
Performing – The Key, The Secret / Feels Like Heaven / Spend The Da
+ Very Special Guest TBA

I referenced Sonia in my blog today. Clearly she's on the way back.

She is tiny by the way, I walked past her once outside the Palace Theatre in Manchester.

I am intrigued to know what the "and many more" Chesney Hawkes can come up with actually is.

Probably "the one and only - Death Metal remix"

I think there was a music festival last weekend in Heather too, at St John's. My old school mate who's a drummer played it with his band. I'm willing to bet it was more enjoyable than some of those listed above too.

Back