• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How much do you sleep?

Sleep hours

• 0-2 Hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-4 hours

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 6-8 hours

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • 8+ hours

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • What is sleep?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6 hours

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters

Butters

Reaction score
Hey all, my niece is doing a project for school and I told her would help her with it. Very simple: In general how much sleep do you get on a nightly basis? I know can vary due to certain circumstances, but just in general. Appreciate it! I myself usually get 5 or less smh.

On a good night I’ll get 7 or 8 but that doesn’t happen often at the moment. I’m currently getting about 6-6.5 hours most nights.

I can go to sleep fine but wake up a lot. All this week, once I’ve woken at around 4.30 that is it. I cannot get back to sleep.

I’d love to sleep straight through the night.

Averaged over the week is probably just over 6 hours.

At the moment with heat, light and noise (because windows need to be open) it’s pretty shit. Been getting between 5-7 but closer to 5 more often than not which I haven’t enjoyed. But then the next night I could go to sleep early to catch up but I don’t…

Would normally like to get at least 7 and ideally 8.

Sleep is weird isn’t it. If you don’t eat enough calories you lose weight. But if you don’t sleep “enough” (what actually is enough?) then what happens? Nothing really. I just feel I haven’t had enough sleep, but then you just carry on as normal and repeat.

I'm about 6-8 these days now I'm retired.
When I was working probably averaged the same but on work days it was usually less, at weekends I'd lie in a bit to catch up.

Haven’t had what you would call a good night’s sleep for at least twenty years, drop off for about an hour, awake for half hour or so and drop off again for an hour and that’s the sleep pattern I’ve had for as long as I can remember, doesn’t seem to have done me much harm though.

Like others I get to sleep okay, but will generally wake up 2-3 times during the night. I chose 4 -6 hours on the poll, but I'd say its probably more likely in the 5-7 range. Almost never more than 7.

Haven’t had what you would call a good night’s sleep for at least twenty years, drop off for about an hour, awake for half hour or so and drop off again for an hour and that’s the sleep pattern I’ve had for as long as I can remember, doesn’t seem to have done me much harm though.
I wake up quite a few times during the night, it tends to only be a few minutes for me though, have done for a few years, guess itscpartbof the ageing process.

Anywhere between six and seven for me, although I'll usually have a blowout of around 10+ hours Friday into Saturday.

My legs are very prone to itching during the night (that's usually due to a combination of eczema, dry skin and shaving) if they get too warm, so I seldom sleep straight through.

The dog wakes me up at 6 every morning regardless of what time ive finally drifted off, so I tend to go up about 10ish if nothing is on, but remember I have to accrue sleep time to cover the number of times I wake up in the night for a wee !

5.5 hours a night Sunday to Thursday. The weekend varies but it’s rarely more.

Go to bed far too late but I am always a fairly early riser regardless of what time I go to bed. On average I would say I have between 5 and 6 hours sleep each night. I don't have trouble getting to sleep at all, especially when trying to watch something on TV, always seem to wake up for adverts and closing credits and have to rewind

About 4 and a half last night, which is less than average. Now face a day promoting Strong Point at a local event feeling like crap.

4-6 hours. I usually struggle to doze off and find myself awake at 3am wondering how you'd give CPR to a giraffe.

Tossed and turned something fierce overnight after a bad dream we'd sold Ruben Neves. It was so vivid.

4-6 hours. I usually struggle to doze off and find myself awake at 3am wondering how you'd give CPR to a giraffe.

Tossed and turned something fierce overnight after a bad dream we'd sold Ruben Neves. It was so vivid.
So, what we all want to know is how DO you give CPR to a giraffe?

It depends usually 6-8 if I’m stressed it’s less, do tend towards an afternoon nap, that really helps me, but unnerves the passengers, they always mention it when they get off the bus.

Like another on here, last few weeks i am waking up at 4am on the dot.
Usually make a cuppa sometimes a little cheese and biscuits, usualky get ba k to slerp 5/5.30, but with no specific plans i can sleep straight through til 9.30 10.30 no problem.
Now its getting around 30/35c every day i just get up half asleep, take a cold shower and get back into bed without drying off and i am away with the fairies again.
I get the itchy leg syndrome quite often at night....what the fuck is that.

The most annoying is waking up in the middle of the night and out of nowhere a random thing from work pops into my head and then I’m awake stressing about it.

Also, the bird outside my window that has started chirping away non stop from about 4am onwards can fuck right off.

So, I have had a real struggle sleeping over the last year, feeling permanently tired and then falling asleep at the drop of a hat in the afternoon/evening. Snoring at a ridiculous level and, according to Mrs D, stopping breathing too often for her liking!

Had tests done and I was (obviously) diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. I was given a machine on Tuesday and have to wear a mask over night, with air being pumped in to regularize my breathing.

Early days and it's bloody strange having a mask on, but I'm feeling more "refreshed" when I wake up.

The kids have started calling me Bane :ROFLMAO:

Back