• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

How much do you sleep?

Sleep hours

• 0-2 Hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-4 hours

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • 6-8 hours

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • 8+ hours

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • What is sleep?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6 hours

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
So, I have had a real struggle sleeping over the last year, feeling permanently tired and then falling asleep at the drop of a hat in the afternoon/evening. Snoring at a ridiculous level and, according to Mrs D, stopping breathing too often for her liking!

Had tests done and I was (obviously) diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. I was given a machine on Tuesday and have to wear a mask over night, with air being pumped in to regularize my breathing.

Early days and it's bloody strange having a mask on, but I'm feeling more "refreshed" when I wake up.

The kids have started calling me Bane :ROFLMAO:
Bloke I used to work with had the same. Quite a big lad and it wasn't having enough of an effect on him, doctors kept telling him to crank the machine up to try and force enough oxygen into him. Ended up getting upgraded to a different bit of kit that was probably originally designed for livestock.

So, I have had a real struggle sleeping over the last year, feeling permanently tired and then falling asleep at the drop of a hat in the afternoon/evening. Snoring at a ridiculous level and, according to Mrs D, stopping breathing too often for her liking!

Had tests done and I was (obviously) diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. I was given a machine on Tuesday and have to wear a mask over night, with air being pumped in to regularize my breathing.

Early days and it's bloody strange having a mask on, but I'm feeling more "refreshed" when I wake up.

Can I ask if you'd jolt awake throughout the night when that happens or was it only your partner noticing it?

My Mrs has the same and has used the mask for a few years now. Her snoring used to be seismic and I had to wear an earplug (I'm deaf in the other ear which helped). She sleeps like a baby now

My Mrs has the same and has used the mask for a few years now. Her snoring used to be seismic and I had to wear an earplug (I'm deaf in the other ear which helped). She sleeps like a baby now
So awake every 2 hours crying for food?

Sleep is weird isn’t it. If you don’t eat enough calories you lose weight. But if you don’t sleep “enough” (what actually is enough?) then what happens? Nothing really.

I'm sure I've read not sleeping enough over a long period of time can affect your lifespan!

I'm sure I've read not sleeping enough over a long period of time can affect your lifespan!
I'd read that every hours sleep you lose from the recommended takes a day off your life expectancy. By that reckoning most of us on here will be dead by next week.

Always been a light sleeper so probably between 5 and 6. Haven’t slept longer than 7 since I can’t remember when.

Like a lot of men have reached the point going right through without a comfort break is a memory. That is very, very annoying.

Luckily though wake up after limited and disrupted sleep without feeling too knackered. Would just like to not have to get up in the night but hey, could be worse.

Last edited:
I struggle with sleep to be honest. As I type it’s just after 11pm here and I’m in bed. Will probably sleep til 3 if it’s a good night and then be awake for a couple of hours before trying to sleep again until 6am. That’s most nights.

Add that to red meat, processed foods, saturated fat, alcohol etc. then I’ve got no hope

Add that to red meat, processed foods, saturated fat, alcohol etc. then I’ve got no hope
Here for a good time, not a long time...

I'm terrible at going to bed at a reasonable time, unless I'm absolutely wiped then very little chance before 1am but I've been like that for the best part of 30 years. But I am now much better in the mornings, in the 2000s I used to come with a Government warning of "do not speak to this man before midday" :D

6 hours or so and I'm grand.

Wife goes to bed around 1030pm.
I go around 1130 depends how physical the day has been.
Sometimes I'll go at 1-1.30 after I fell asleep in the chair.
Often wake around 4 or 5 am for a piss, then straight back to bed fall asleep instantly.
Interestingly it's not snoring that irritates my wife in the night, she says I actually stop breathing, after a little double catch in the back of my throat I just stop!
It's the fact that I've stopped breathing that wakes her up, so she gives me a dig and away we go...

Can I ask if you'd jolt awake throughout the night when that happens or was it only your partner noticing it?
Not jolt awake but some times (not always) would wake up and have the feeling of needing to get some air into my lungs, and had to take some really deep breaths

Not jolt awake but some times (not always) would wake up and have the feeling of needing to get some air into my lungs, and had to take some really deep breaths
Suffered from sleep apnea and I used to wake up choking and have to stand up and relax to start breathing again, but mine was due to my weight, apparently my windpipe would just collapse shut

Ah ok. I get these stupid hypnic jerks and reading up it can be linked to it. My heart is usually racing but don't have the breathing feeling

Most nights I get <5 and then get to sleep but some nights it's quite bad and I barely sleep. Hoping it's just when I'm stressed and/or worrying about sleep itself, knock on effect of a bad night

Ah ok. I get these stupid hypnic jerks and reading up it can be linked to it. My heart is usually racing but don't have the breathing feeling

Most nights I get <5 and then get to sleep but some nights it's quite bad and I barely sleep. Hoping it's just when I'm stressed and/or worrying about sleep itself, knock on effect of a bad night
I had Mrs D telling me to get to the doctors for months, but being a manly man (aka a dickhead) I shrugged it off. Get to the doctors and get checked out mate.

Last edited:
Have anything between 3 and 6 hours a night, always knackered and tend to doze of early afternoon for a hour.

The mrs reckons i have symptoms of sleep apnea, where I stop breathing several times a night, nurses kept asking if I had copd when I had an 8 hr operation and they couldn't bring me back round for 3 days as my oxygen levels dropped to under 50% every time they tried.

But was finally discharged and nothing ever mentioned, will trouble the Hitler on the Dr's receptionist to perhaps let me have a chat with someone.

Wow, didn’t know sleep apnea was actually this prevalent. Get yourself a mandibular advancement device. Sounds like it will change your life without the need for CPAP

4 to 6 hours for me, toilet requirements usually wake me (prostate issues). Sometimes 6 hours at weekends, probably to do with alcohol intake strangely. Cannot remember the last time I slept for 8 hours. Never sleep in the daytime either although i thought it was a bit of a tendency for old codgers like myself.

Back