• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull 2 - Wolves 1 dissapointing end for our U21s verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Hull really didn't deserve that

Given what we had out there we did well

Doherty was for me MoTM & unfortunate that his foul gives them the win

Very disappointing to lose that game. Doherty undoing 90 minutes good work with a ridiculous challenge. That and yet another goalkeeping aberration aside (well into double figures now - inexcusable) we were much better. Short on real threat but that goes with the territory given the starting XI we're currently sending out. Iorfa and Edwards both excellent.

lost a lot of money on that Snodgrass FK going in so im a bit biased..we did ok though,,i will have a cold shower

We offered nothing going forward, Helan's pace aside.

Henry is slower than me and really shouldn't be playing on the wing.

Iorfa seems a bit wasted at CB as we lose his attacking pace and ability. Hause looked OK, as did Deslandes, Price and Savile at times.

We need two different wingers and Dicko back up front, with Wallace instead of Dangerous we could have a decent team.

Ikeme is a Sunday league keeper this year. He has taken over from Stearman as the teams liability. So utterly pissed off to lose a shit game to a shit team.

We really really need a lot of change here at all levels

A bog standard championship game presided over by 2 rank managers playing percentage dross in the name of tactics.

Iorfa, Hause and Doherty defended very well and played well with the ball. Henry was the worst player on the pitch by a stretch, not even Livermore and Odebajo were as bad. Every other player on the pitch was meh.

Props to Snodgrass for that hit, deserved to win a game, even though Hull as a team didn't.

Very solid defensively apart from Doherty brain dead challenge at the end, the final ball by ourselves tonight was appalling just shows the real lack of quality we have in the side.
Deslandes looked very composed for a first start.
Very poor game to watch yet again tho.

A bog standard championship game presided over by 2 rank managers playing percentage dross in the name of tactics.

Iorfa, Hause and Doherty defended very well and played well with the ball. Henry was the worst player on the pitch by a stretch, not even Livermore and Odebajo were as bad. Every other player on the pitch was meh.

Props to Snodgrass for that hit, deserved to win a game, even though Hull as a team didn't.

I'll argue Saville. Even Jimmy has a better fucking touch.

I think Iorfa, Hause and Deslandes all showed real potential. I think Hause is going to be quality in a team where he can pass out from the back.

As good showing you'll see of 2 teams going at it hammer and tongs to prove who is the shittest. We came out just on top, but it was close.
Cracking strike at the end though.

The fact that I'm not that annoyed about losing in the last minute sums up how this season has gone. I hate that Ken is making me feel like I don't care enough about my club.

I'll argue Saville. Even Jimmy has a better $#@!ing touch.

It's like watching toddlers chase after a balloon watching Coady, Saville and Edwards control a football. And two of them came from Prem academies!

We deserved the result, if not quite the manner of it. We offered very little going forward, our back 4 were sloppy AF, our midfield were anonymous, Saville should've been sent off and Deslandes committed a blatant foul in the area.

All that said we worked hard, forced a poor Hull side into a series of errors and were only beaten by a wonder goal.

It's like watching toddlers chase after a balloon watching Coady, Saville and Edwards control a football. And two of them came from Prem academies!

I really dont know how the academies have picked them TBH..useless and worse ballcontrol than me FFS

Not unduly downbeat but in terms of where the team is leading there were more than a few very good performances from those youngsters. Don't really care about the result we're playing for little else than our pride. The team needs changes and that wont go away but there was virtually nothing going forward.

James Henry was embarrassingly bad btw. Has there ever been a slower winger than him?

I can't believe he waited til the 89th minute to put bright on - how's he going to improve and gain experience if that's all we give him in a nothing game?

Back