• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 0 - 0 Wolves: The Most Expensive Sleep Aid

Positives

Draw at Ipswich is always a good point
Clean Sheet

Thats it onwards and upwards. As for this bollocks from PL well you make up your own mind. You have seen as much as I and I cant say I would have written this paragraph

"I thought we were pretty comfortable in the first half and we were on top after the break when we had lots of the ball and hit the bar and the post. We deserved to win.

"It is a big point for us as it stops the slide we were on. But, believe it or not, we have been playing well during this bad run against the likes of Reading and Newcastle.

"We have been dominating some games, we just haven't had that finishing touch. Performance-wise, I couldn't ask for more and if we keep doing what we have been doing, we will be fine."

Lambert totally set out not to lose tonight,bloke realises his jobs on the line and nicking a point at Ipswich and winning
on Saturday would be great in his mind.
Fair play to the WM bloke who asked if he could have been more adventurous during the match.

Everything depends on Saturday for me, if we win against Rotherham then it's justified keeping Costa and Cav fresh. If however we draw or lose its a huge mistake.

Again for me it's all on Lambert as horrible as it is I understand his thought process.

The positive for me is Price and Saiss being paired together, which makes sense in that formation we just need someone better ahead of them and with both Weimann and Marshal apparently playing well I would love to see Cav at no 10 with Weimann and Costa on the flank and Marshall at full back.

We will have to break Rotherham down they are very very bad so counter attacking won't work.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think most anticipated a loss. We came out of last night with a little more than that.
Clean sheet too. Cup games aside, they've been rare as rocking horse shit this season. We've been very poor defensively all season. Mission #1 across the close season will be working on the fucking defense. We've struggled defensively ever since Derby tore us a new one in november 2015.

Costa - he's been the main man all season. In a new country. Perhaps a break (with the volume of games we have currently) isn't a bad idea? Likewise, Cav is on the way back from injury. Lets have patience.
Glad to see Price and Saiss paired. Would like us to stick with that.

Did anyone off this board actually go last night?

If so, can we have a 'review' of how we looked, please?

I think most anticipated a loss. We came out of last night with a little more than that.
Clean sheet too. Cup games aside, they've been rare as rocking horse shit this season. We've been very poor defensively all season. Mission #1 across the close season will be working on the fucking defense. We've struggled defensively ever since Derby tore us a new one in november 2015.

Costa - he's been the main man all season. In a new country. Perhaps a break (with the volume of games we have currently) isn't a bad idea? Likewise, Cav is on the way back from injury. Lets have patience.
Glad to see Price and Saiss paired. Would like us to stick with that.

Nice to see a more reasoned post regarding Wolves at the moment!!

Apathy seems to be setting in again, certainly for me.

Even if we stay up and try and be positive for next season, it's surely mid-table at best ?
If we only had to bring in 2/3 players to beef up a half decent squad going for a promotion push, that would at least be something to look forward to. But we need wholesale changes. How many of our players would get into Brighton's team ? We still face the very real humiliation of having Owners worth £6.5 Billion, overseeing another season in Division Three. Can you believe that ?

With so many poor players we have in our squad and the desperate rebuilding that is needed, plus the inevitability of Costa going in the Summer, we are years and years away from the Premier League. Can we really have any confidence in the powers that be at the club who could not see the blindingly obvious, that we were desperate for a goalscorer in January, even if he was on loan and could only manage 5 or 6 goals for the rest of the season, it would still have been so much better than what we have now.

But apart from all that, it's looking good. Thank you Board Of Directors, Lambert, Thelwell, Daley etc....you must so proud of what you have reduced us to.
In theory with the correct players picked, in the correct formation with the correct tactics I think we could be Top 6 with a centre half, left back, creative midfielder and centre forward, so 4 players. A Top 6 team can afford a couple of Ikeme, Coady, Batth, Stearman, Edwards, Saville etc etc types just not all of them.

In theory with the correct players picked, in the correct formation with the correct tactics I think we could be Top 6 with a centre half, left back, creative midfielder and centre forward, so 4 players. A Top 6 team can afford a couple of Ikeme, Coady, Batth, Stearman, Edwards, Saville etc etc types just not all of them.

Only if that group play to the best of their limited ability. They are squad members or back ups at best. We are a hell of a long way off top six on our showings in the last 3 seasons.

Sounded like an awful game on the radio and on twitter. We just need to stay up and everything will change, hopefully. We need to cancel some contracts in the summer if we can't shift the shite.

Sounded like an awful game on the radio and on twitter. We just need to stay up and everything will change, hopefully. We need to cancel some contracts in the summer if we can't shift the shite.

As I said on the matchday thread when someone (presumably in hearty jest) suggested making me manager, there are easily 15 that I'd transfer list or release immediately. We have so, so, so many awful footballers it beggars belief.

Genuinely forgot we even had a game until I logged on to TWF just now. Best matchday experience I've had for ages.

Only if that group play to the best of their limited ability. They are squad members or back ups at best.
Kyle Bartley plays regularly for Leeds, Van La Parra Huddersfield, Baldock and Duffy for Brighton, Ross Wallace for Sheff Wed all in the Top 6, all average Championship players. You don't need a team of 11 good players in the main you need to be solid, play as a team and have some talent that will create you a spark every now and then when nothing is happening. Ikeme, Price, Batth, Stearman, Iorfa, Dicko, Henry, Edwards all played regularly in the side that finished 7th with record points. None of those with the possible exception of Iorfa ever have or ever will be anything better than OK to solid Championship players even at their best.

As I said on the matchday thread when someone (presumably in hearty jest) suggested making me manager, there are easily 15 that I'd transfer list or release immediately. We have so, so, so many awful footballers it beggars belief.
Agreed. I know his attitude and application went to pot towards the end, but not having anything like a replacement for McDonald is pretty criminal. We've got a whole host of central midfielders none of whom can do anything remotely creative with a football. Coady, Saville and Edwards are terrible footballers; Price is limited (but looked a better player with a creator ie McDonald next to him) and Evans looks to do the right things but fucks up / breaks too often. Saiss is also a bit of a curate's egg, but is worth his place as he's got the ability to tackle *and* pass, which immediately sets him apart from the rest of the shoite.

Ditto never replacing Golbourne and having to play Kevin the teenager in gloves at left back. Ridiculous (lack of) recruitment.

I agree with this but would add a goalkeeper, making 5 players.

It's not just about players though, as highlighted, it's the correct players in the correct formation with correct tactics and I worry we have the managerial staff in place capable of that.

I agree with this but would add a goalkeeper, making 5 players.

It's not just about players though, as highlighted, it's the correct players in the correct formation with correct tactics and I worry we have the managerial staff in place capable of that.
I'd also ideally like a new keeper, but think we could make the Top 6 with Ikeme in goal if he was one of the couple of inferior players we had to carry

I'd also ideally like a new keeper, but think we could make the Top 6 with Ikeme in goal if he was one of the couple of inferior players we had to carry

I don't. I don't think we will he top 6 with any of ikeme Edwards Doherty Batth saville coady as regular starters. Been there done that didn't cut it.

Back