• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich 0 - 0 Wolves: The Most Expensive Sleep Aid

It really doesn't sound like it was too bad tonight...

It really doesn't sound like it was too bad tonight...

I reckon we'd have won with a better team selection

Even if we stay up, from what we've seen so far, I have 0 confidence that lambert is the man to lead us on a promotion charge

0-0 ipswich away with mm in charge is ok, but as we all know your clean sheet aint worth much

I reckon we'd have won with a better team selection

Even if we stay up, from what we've seen so far, I have 0 confidence that lambert is the man to lead us on a promotion charge

Never bothered going for it. Leaving Cav and Dicko on the bench was outright cheek for the supporters there.

According to Tim II:

Marshall and Weimann both impressed. Bodvarsson looked a lot sharper. Saiss and Price, decent partnership. No one played badly.

The talksport reporter kept saying that Ikeme looked dodgy

Yep the kind of game I would sooner listen to than watch.

Actually you would be better off not listening or watching, but doing something useful then checking the score at full time - an hour and a half that I am not getting back

Needed to stop the rot in a difficult fixture, got the point, need to build on it on Saturday. Not a nice line up but we take the point and move on.

Could have won it by all accounts so hopefully we'll start with Cav and Costa on Saturday and actually score some goals.

There are positives to take from tonight.

Actually you would be better off not listening or watching, but doing something useful then checking the score at full time - an hour and a half that I am not getting back

Listened to Wolves watched Arsenal, one very open the other a non event.

Needed to stop the rot in a difficult fixture, got the point, need to build on it on Saturday. Not a nice line up but we take the point and move on.

Could have won it by all accounts so hopefully we'll start with Cav and Costa on Saturday and actually score some goals.

Certainly an interesting team sheet coming our way from Paul Lambert against Rotherham.

As the emotion (or lack thereof) has faded, I find myself feeling this way, too.

In truth, the only real problem I had with the squad today is dropping Iorfa for Doherty. I don't prefer Edwards at #10 but it's not a crime against humanity to have him there.

Costa has been underwhelming of late and would likely have ended up with untold studmarks on him had he played from the start.

Context will determine nearly everything about this match.

As the emotion (or lack thereof) has faded, I find myself feeling this way, too.

In truth, the only real problem I had with the squad today is dropping Iorfa for Doherty. I don't prefer Edwards at #10 but it's not a crime against humanity to have him there.

Costa has been underwhelming of late and would likely have ended up with untold studmarks on him had he played from the start.

Context will determine nearly everything about this match.

I'm not going to be quite so damning of tonight's line up - as fucking horrible as it was - until I've seen Saturday's. I really think tonight was a case of stopping the run of defeats and trying to get a smidge of confidence back. Iorfa, Williamson, Costa, Cav simply HAVE to be in the XI for the Rotherham game.

There are a lot of angry fans out there at the moment and I just hope there'll be slightly fewer come 5pm on Saturday.

One (of many) advantage(s) of being in Jersey this week.

The benefit of 'can't be arsed' took precedent.

Apathy seems to be setting in again, certainly for me.

Even if we stay up and try and be positive for next season, it's surely mid-table at best ?
If we only had to bring in 2/3 players to beef up a half decent squad going for a promotion push, that would at least be something to look forward to. But we need wholesale changes. How many of our players would get into Brighton's team ? We still face the very real humiliation of having Owners worth £6.5 Billion, overseeing another season in Division Three. Can you believe that ?

With so many poor players we have in our squad and the desperate rebuilding that is needed, plus the inevitability of Costa going in the Summer, we are years and years away from the Premier League. Can we really have any confidence in the powers that be at the club who could not see the blindingly obvious, that we were desperate for a goalscorer in January, even if he was on loan and could only manage 5 or 6 goals for the rest of the season, it would still have been so much better than what we have now.

But apart from all that, it's looking good. Thank you Board Of Directors, Lambert, Thelwell, Daley etc....you must so proud of what you have reduced us to.

Apathy seems to be setting in again, certainly for me.

Even if we stay up and try and be positive for next season, it's surely mid-table at best ?
If we only had to bring in 2/3 players to beef up a half decent squad going for a promotion push, that would at least be something to look forward to. But we need wholesale changes. How many of our players would get into Brighton's team ? We still face the very real humiliation of having Owners worth £6.5 Billion, overseeing another season in Division Three. Can you believe that ?

With so many poor players we have in our squad and the desperate rebuilding that is needed, plus the inevitability of Costa going in the Summer, we are years and years away from the Premier League. Can we really have any confidence in the powers that be at the club who could not see the blindingly obvious, that we were desperate for a goalscorer in January, even if he was on loan and could only manage 5 or 6 goals for the rest of the season, it would still have been so much better than what we have now.

But apart from all that, it's looking good. Thank you Board Of Directors, Lambert, Thelwell, Daley etc....you must so proud of what you have reduced us to.

Will give Fosun a 'pass' on this season as don't really think that they knew what they were doing - they will (hopefully) have learnt a lot.

Next year (assuming that we are still in this division) will be the litmus test of their ability to get it right

Back