• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

Well, the authority comes from me reading the direct statements by Western leaders over the past month, describing it in the terms above
🤷‍♂️

Blinken is literally in Turkey now talking to Abbas about the Palestinian Authority having a role in Gaza, and about reducing Palestinian civilian casualties. Its tense for sure, and you can say Western leaders should be doing more, but many see a total ceasefire right now as complex.

Lots of people think they have all the answers from their armchair, or standing in the street yelling at people coming out of McDonalds, but this is delicate and requires diplomacy

The basis of this and most conflicts is religious based. The muslim faith itself is divided by religion and violence with shiites versus sunni.
In india its even more divided, and frankly until somebody sits all the world's religious leaders in a room together and refuses to let them out until they agree that no religion has the right to persecute anothers' beliefs simply because they play for the other side, this will go on forever throughout the world.
if there is a god, and i do not believe that then no one religion is ever gonna admit it's not theres, but at some point, someone has to hold religious leaders responsible for all of this savagery and murder of innocents.
Protestants and catholics murdered each other before my eyes, christians murdered muslims and vice versa, ffs sunni muslims and shiite muslims murder each other seemingly for fun, and what did the catholics do to native indians in canada.
The churches and their leaders are responsible for this, and they must be called out and hounded, until they act to stop it.
Its got fuck all to do with colour, its about money and power for individuals.

I think I would accept some conflicts are religion based, but certainly not most.

Just thinking 20th century, the Boer War, Russo-Japanese War, both world wars, Korea and Vietnam weren’t really religion based.

According to the Encyclopedia of Wars, out of all 1,763 known/recorded historical conflicts, 121, or 6.87%, had religion as their primary cause.

Said it before, will say it again: the important actors in these conflicts are looking for power in THIS life, not necessarily the next.

I think it's naive to play down the huge impact of religious texts on this conflict. Both from the jihadist mentality on one side, and Netanyahu's invocation of the Amalakite genocide (and the Old Testament Gods gleeful part in it) on the other.

When you believe your right to land or right to kill is mandated by the supernatural, that can be hard to let go of

I think it's naive to play down the huge impact of religious texts on this conflict. Both from the jihadist mentality on one side, and Netanyahu's invocation of the Amalakite genocide (and the Old Testament Gods gleeful part in it) on the other.

When you believe your right to land or right to kill is mandated by the supernatural, that can be hard to let go of
It's also naive to attribute the conflict purely down to religion as well.

The Israeli Palestine conflict is a heady mixture of ethnic, national, historic and religious factors. Religion is most likely used as the 'justification', but there are other underlying and root causes.

It's also naive to attribute the conflict purely down to religion as well.

That's why I haven't.

I said it shouldn't be downplayed.

But when you're cutting off someone's head with a shovel while shouting God is the Greatest... The connection will likely be made

I didn't say you had... Just reiterating my stance 😉

The future of Gaza after the invasion ends, according to BN. They're not even pretending anymore.

I think Israel will, for an indefinite period will have the overall security responsibility because we’ve seen what happens when we don’t have it. When we don’t have that security responsibility, what we have is the eruption of Hamas terror on a scale that we couldn’t imagine.

The future of Gaza after the invasion ends, according to BN. They're not even pretending anymore.
Thankfully I don't think the US will let them do that. It'll be peacekeepers until a two state solution is found.

Unless Trump gets a second term and needs a distraction from his own issues

Dunno if this is an unpopular view but so far it seems to me that the police have done a fantastic job in London today, especially given the run up.

Back