• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

Ignoring the questionable taste of the ad, he's being very thin skinned there.

Ignoring the questionable taste of the ad, he's being very thin skinned there.
Yeah the ad ain't great by any means, but it's not the worst thing ever. Worryingly, his initial response was very chill - 'oh no a poster!' - he then deleted it and ramped up the seriousness.

Listening to the Speaker breaking down in tears about some of the threats to MPs safety I don’t think people realise how serious this is.

Listening to the Speaker breaking down in tears about some of the threats to MPs safety I don’t think people realise how serious this is.
Either the Speaker or Labour leadership are being disingenuous there. Hoyle never mentioned MP safety as a reason for including the Labour motion beforehand. It only became a thing afterwards when he pretty much had be dragged out to defend his decision.

Given that pretty much all Islamic terrorism has its roots in the Israeli treatment of Palestinians, maybe Western politicians should examine their support for Israel and stop backing the way it acts. Maybe doing that would help in not radicalising Muslims. Just a thought.

Given that pretty much all Islamic terrorism has its roots in the Israeli treatment of Palestinians, maybe Western politicians should examine their support for Israel and stop backing the way it acts. Maybe doing that would help in not radicalising Muslims. Just a thought.
Not sure this is true, Islamic terrorism has much wider and longer term roots than Israel, from the crusades through Britain, France, USA, Turkey trying to carve up Arabia after WW1 to current issues.

Not sure this is true, Islamic terrorism has much wider and longer term roots than Israel, from the crusades through Britain, France, USA, Turkey trying to carve up Arabia after WW1 to current issues.
Maybe, but I think the historic reasons have been completely superceded by Israel. Without question, the reason behind almost all modern Islamic terrorism is rooted in the Israeli oppression of Palestinians and Arab- Israeli conflict of the 60s. And if anyone thinks the genocide taking place in Gaza now is going to reduce the threat of Islamic terrorism they are 100% wrong.

Anyway like Tredman, I'll not engage any further, it's just an inflammatory argument that people won't see eye to eye on. History will be the ultimate judge.

Islamic aggression goes back to the crusades and response to them.
Modern in your sentence is pointless and distracting.

It's a very blinkered view that ignores Islamic terrorism outside of the Middle East.

Maybe, but I think the historic reasons have been completely superceded by Israel. Without question, the reason behind almost all modern Islamic terrorism is rooted in the Israeli oppression of Palestinians and Arab- Israeli conflict of the 60s. And if anyone thinks the genocide taking place in Gaza now is going to reduce the threat of Islamic terrorism they are 100% wrong.

Anyway like Tredman, I'll not engage any further, it's just an inflammatory argument that people won't see eye to eye on. History will be the ultimate judge.
Yeah, I mean the aims of Bin Laden and al-queda were a response to ending perceived Western influence or dominance in the Islamic world. Israel is like the poster boy for this.

The Moors and Saracens invasion and occupation of southern Europe predates the Crusades.

The Moors and Saracens invasion and occupation of southern Europe predates the Crusades.
There you go, even longer period of strife. Although I think the barbaric treatment of Muslims during the crusades possibly set off the path to where we are now.
Tbf I should probably read up on that period.

Back