• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

Logic says you don’t blow up your own citizens to garner public sympathy so that points toward IDF or an accidental strike by some Palestinian group.

However that makes the assumption that anybody in that part of the world acts with logic at all, which seems an unsafe step to me

If a Palestinian group is responsible it'll likely be an error rather than deliberate, I would have thought

If a Palestinian group is responsible it'll likely be an error rather than deliberate, I would have thought
From what I've read Hamas rockets malfunctioning and hitting Gaza happens fairly frequently.

But who wrote what you read or released the “information” to write it is the question. The whole region is a festering cess pit of competing propaganda
This is true but at some stage the rest of the world needs to have some confidence in what one or the other side 'proves' otherwise how do we progress?

But who wrote what you read or released the “information” to write it is the question. The whole region is a festering cess pit of competing propaganda
Exactly, all information coming out of that region needs to be treated suspiciously.

Jordan et Al we're very quick to condemn Israel about this.

I generally use these folk https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/israel–hamas-war-iran-update. They have generally proven to be excellent analysts of the Russo-Ukraine war and I've been following their Iran updates as well for over a year. I also analyse other information as it comes in. Israel is lying if they say they care about the lives of civilians. Arab civilians at least. And so are Lebanese Hezbollah (LH), Islamic Jihad (IJ) and any other factions interested in destabilizing the region. Which is not a small number.
Interestingly it seems that Iran is NOT going to get involved directly. Their current line is that their red line is an attack by Israel on their territory. Which won't happen. Especially with two US CSG's in the region. It really pisses me off that Israel will not condemn Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.

The Israeli government cares about the Israeli government. Ukraine is of supreme unimportance to them.

If it’s ever found out who did it’ll probably come to late, all that matters is what people are choosing to believe that’s the danger especially when emotions are running so high.
This is the problem of war is the collateral damage and potential accidents and paranoia.
If Israel invade Gaza the worry is how the rest of the Middle East reacts, almost certain Hezbollah will attack northern Israel.

I don’t think Egypt are in a position to react and that’s a pretty good thing. Iran have said it wouldn’t cross their red line, then that is a good thing too.

Then you wonder who is available to give Netanyahu a bloody nose to stop him acting with impunity and that is an issue.

Yes of course Israel cares mostly about themselves. JFC Paddy that is almost written in the constitution of every state everywhere. What I find annoying is their continuous acceptance of the Putin regime's actions whilst trying to be friends with the 'West'. And let's face it: If it was not for US support Israel would not exist.
I know a large number of Israeli citizens are of Russian heritage as Jews fled Russia for not dissimilar reasons to why they fled Nazi Germany but FFS they really should be condemning Putin for what is happening in Eastern Europe. And they won't.
This might make me seem like I would rather we supported the Arabs rather than the Israelis but I don't. Basically because I would rather live in a 'Western' country, or Israel, than, as ISW put it, a country in the axis of resistance. (China, Iran, Russia).

I don’t think Egypt are in a position to react and that’s a pretty good thing. Iran have said it wouldn’t cross their red line, then that is a good thing too.

Then you wonder who is available to give Netanyahu a bloody nose to stop him acting with impunity and that is an issue.
Egypt have absolutly no interest in having a conflict with Israel. They were the first arab state to make peace with Israel in the 1970's.

If it’s ever found out who did it’ll probably come to late, all that matters is what people are choosing to believe that’s the danger especially when emotions are running so high.
This is the problem of war is the collateral damage and potential accidents and paranoia.
If Israel invade Gaza the worry is how the rest of the Middle East reacts, almost certain Hezbollah will attack northern Israel.
Lebanese Hezbollah have stated that they will attack Israel. It's just a matter of time IMO.

Lebanese Hezbollah have stated that they will attack Israel. It's just a matter of time IMO.
I think it’s a matter of whether Israel invades Gaza, it would makes more sense to them having the Israeli forces tied up on two fronts.

Hezbollah and Israel have been trading cross border fire for the last few days.
Yes I know. It would seem to me that LH are waiting for the IDF to commit forces to the northern Gaza Strip before they attack properly. That is my opinion. And it's a sound military strategy from the militant Arab factions.
I don't believe it is a if, it is a when.

I think it’s a matter of whether Israel invades Gaza, it would makes more sense to them having the Israeli forces tied up on two fronts.
Israel is nailed on to invade Gaza surely? Israel have decided its time to eliminate Hammas once and for all, no issue with that but it seems they've decided any level of Palestinian casualties is acceptable to achieve their aim.

Egypt have absolutly no interest in having a conflict with Israel. They were the first arab state to make peace with Israel in the 1970's.
One would hope so but Anwar Sadat died 43 years ago and Egypt isn’t exactly stable

During the forty-nine-day Israel-Hamas conflict of 2014, Egypt wanted Israel to destroy Hamas, but Israel demurred, fearing a power vacuum and chaos in the area. Those positions have now switched, placing pressure on bilateral relations. Still, at the moment, there is no indication that Egypt would want a breach in ties; Egypt’s government benefits too much from Israeli help securing the Sinai Peninsula.

Israel is nailed on to invade Gaza surely? Israel have decided its time to eliminate Hammas once and for all, no issue with that but it seems they've decided any level of Palestinian casualties is acceptable to achieve their aim.
Yes, they will invade the northern Gaza Strip inside the next few days. IMO. Israel has stated on numerous occasions that their aim is to destroy Hamas. Which is fair enough after what happened. They don't care about civilian casualties. IMO. They are not going about this in a humanist way, which is a problem. But Hamas and the other militant factions and Iran don't give a damn about human rights either. So I believe this is Israel's POV. And I can completely understand that POV.
The real kicker is that Israel has helped Hamas and other groups by their inhumane treatment of the Palestinians. As I said before, I support Israel over the militant Islamic factions, but this is a pragmatic choice. Both sides in this war are wrong.

Back