• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

Does what happened before and during WW2 lead directly to the creation of the state of Israel? As in; 'we make sure that never happens again, by creating a 'safe haven' where any Jew is welcome'?

I recommend that if people have some time they read up on the history of Iran. A lovely combination of colonialism, royalty, oil companies and revolutionary religious zeal have all combined to produce a right bloody mess.
From what I understand Iran has quite a major role in what's happening in the region.

Whoa, no way am I trivialising or legitimising what is happening today and I resent any assumption that I am. It's the political Zionism by Israel that has perpetuated the systematic dismantling of 'present day Palestine'.

Tbh you were just unfortunate that you were the last one to post before I woke up and read the post, it's definitely not aimed at you (or indeed anybody else here) personally but it's definitely something that goes on on social media. I could've worded it better

Does what happened before and during WW2 lead directly to the creation of the state of Israel? As in; 'we make sure that never happens again, by creating a 'safe haven' where any Jew is welcome'?
Roughly, without going back to moses, this all cranked up in 1948, when the british, withdrew from what is now israel and handed it over to become a jewish state/homeland.
Israel was immeadiately attacked by many different arab states the day after the handover, and with the haggenah, basically a peoples army, managed to defeat the invading arabs, and the shit show has rolled on from there,such as 1967's six day war. That in itself is an interesting read.

Roughly, without going back to moses, this all cranked up in 1948, when the british, withdrew from what is now israel and handed it over to become a jewish state/homeland.
Israel was immeadiately attacked by many different arab states the day after the handover, and with the haggenah, basically a peoples army, managed to defeat the invading arabs, and the shit show has rolled on from there,such as 1967's six day war. That in itself is an interesting read.
Actually (as previously posted, but seemingly ignored) the 'unrest' started when Palestine was mandated after WW1. There were major disturbances and riots during the 1920s and 1930s.

^ This is a fairly decent summary of the last hundred years, IMV. It's not the whole picture but covers important bases.

Iran have pirated an Israeli owned cargo ship
Fwiw, it's a Portuguese ship managed by a British company owned by an Israeli national.

Just to say, even a very tangential link is a target, it seems.

I'd read it was Portuguese flagged but Israeli owned and leased, but it is what it is (and it is confusing!). One thing that's more certain is that was meant as and is being taken as a revenge hit by Iran on Israel

Israel closing its airspace in readiness. This is happening

Khamenei:

The malicious regime itself, which is all malice, evil and error, added another mistake to its own errors by launching an attack on the Iranian consulate in Syria.

The consulate and embassy offices in any country where they exist are regarded as the soil of the country to which the embassy belongs. Attacking our consulate is like attacking our soil …

The malicious regime has made a wrong move in this case. It should be punished and it will be punished.

You've got to presume though give the drones will still be in the air travelling for a while that the chances of them getting through without being shot down are pretty small. Jordan have said they'll shoot down anything that enters their air space too so they may not even get as far as the dead sea

Khamenei:

You've got to presume though give the drones will still be in the air travelling for a while that the chances of them getting through without being shot down are pretty small. Jordan have said they'll shoot down anything that enters their air space too so they may not even get as far as the dead sea
It looks like the plan is to launch cruise and ballistic missiles too, so they all arrive at Israel at the same time and overwhelm Israel defences.

The plane tracking apps are showing everything being diverted around the area, lots of long haul turning around and diverting to safer airspace/ airports?
Russian flights still heading that way enroute to Dubai and Tehran.

I think Tehran have no idea what they’re about to uncork.

Back