• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jack Price

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Signs a new deal keeping him at Wolves until 2018.

Excellent news, really hope the signing of Coady doesn't push him to the fringes. We play much better with him in the team, always on for a pass, rarely gives it away, does all the unglamorous work.

Thought we were selling him because he's not going to France... ? :tiphat:

Good news. Well done Jack & well done Wolves.

Good news. McDonald next please!

Good news. He still has plenty in his game to develop, which is a good thing. a valuable member of our squad!

Senior players out of contract at the end of this season:

Sigurdarson, Margreitter, Ismail, Boukari, McDonald, Edwards, Stearman, Golbourne, Rowe, Doherty, Henry, Jacobs, McCarey, McAlinden, Bancessi.

At this stage I am only bothered about keeping McDonald, Stearman and Golbourne out of them. The rest need to prove their worth this season, if there isn't significant improvement then they can all go.

I suspect that K-Mac, Stearman, Golbourne and Doherty will all currently be being offered deals. The others have it all to prove like you say.

The rest need to prove their worth this season, if there isn't significant improvement then they can all go.

So if Boukari can prove he can walk he will get a new deal. That will be a very significant improvement

Excellent news about Jack Price. Clearly KJ has told him he does figure in his plans, irrespective of new signings.

You wouldn't have James back, Dan? I think he's worth keeping at least a few more seasons.

Personally I'd experiment with him as a #10 since he has a bit less pace than a winger may need.

He played a couple of games there last season. If you view a number 10 as someone who either plays killer through balls or runs beyond the striker then he was neither of these things. My hope is Wallace will do both

I like Henry, fantastic delivery and a good attitude but I think we're moving on as a club and he doesn't offer us what we need. We have bought Wallace to play as a number 10 so no need to shoehorn a career winger in there.

If you created a Henry/Van La Parra hybrid you'd have a Premier League quality player, as it is neither are good enough for where we want to be - that is why neither nailed the shirt down last year.

.@OfficialWolves midfielder @jacko_8 has started the last three @SkyBetChamp games, and is averaging 91.7 passes per game! #ChampionshipXavi

For wider context, that’s 10 more passes per game that the @premierleague's most prolific passer, Santi Cazorla. (via @WhoScored). @jacko_8

In my opinion we look a much better team with Price in there alongside McDonald.

I love the wee man. Price has made what was his shirt in the first place his. Again. Fingers crossed we don't see anymore chopping and changing now that Coady/Edwards are back.

.@OfficialWolves midfielder @jacko_8 has started the last three @SkyBetChamp games, and is averaging 91.7 passes per game! #ChampionshipXavi

For wider context, that’s 10 more passes per game that the @premierleague's most prolific passer, Santi Cazorla. (via @WhoScored). @jacko_8

Wow, that's some stats! Mind you it's easy to pass the ball 5 yards :whistle:

Clearly, Price's neat and tidy use of the ball has its merits. He boasts the best passing accuracy of any Wolves midfielder this season - up over 80 per cent - and has a key role defensively too.

While Coady's more conspicuous capacity to get stuck in might appear more impressive, it's debatable whether or not it's actually more effective.

Wouldn't say it's that debatable tbf. Although at present both K-Mac and Jacko are far too deep, we slip into this habit quite often. Especially in home games they should both be taking up positions at least 10 yards further up the pitch, when they're both on halfway or deeper as we try to build an attack it leaves those up top too isolated. Exacerbated by Edwards being absolutely useless at dropping off and linking play - he more or less plays up front - so it's either a long ball required or Afobe (generally) has to drop miles too deep to pick the ball up.

Back