• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

JACKETT GONE

Plus he's got fucking amazing hair.

Ok.... now I have picked my jaw off the floor I will try and look at the positives

Ikeme is $#@!ed ! No way Zenga has a keeper who cant dominate his box.

I wanted Jackett to go as I felt he had taken the style and squad as far as he could. He goes with mostly good feeling.

Zenga may have some contacts for this level of football that could be useful.

And thats it .

However I wish him everybit as much success as Ranieri last season.
I'd say one of Ikeme's strengths is coming for the ball. In the last 30 years I'd say only Murray and maybe Hahnemann were better. His weaknesses are being heavy footed from distance and switching off.

As always a good read - one minor error in the last para "there were, on balance, more good times than good." suspect this was meant to be more good than bad

Well spotted, that's what I get for trying to write and watch F1 at the same time ;)

Does he seriously think Fosun just thought at 11.08pm to sack KJ and then they would start the search for a new Head Coach

Of course he does. He is used to working with the previous clowns that owned Wolves

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago
Zenga is formerly of Palermo and Sampdoria. Legendary Italian goalkeeper. And comes 10 hours after Jackett's sacking was announced. Wow.

Is this man on a different planet to us all? Does he seriously think Fosun just thought at 11.08pm to sack KJ and then they would start the search for a new Head Coach

Just read Edwards' post-match notes: apparently Zenga has spent the last few days watching DVDs and finding out further information about the players. Kenny was always on borrowed time, as predicted.

I'd say one of Ikeme's strengths is coming for the ball. In the last 30 years I'd say only Murray and maybe Hahnemann were better. His weaknesses are being heavy footed from distance and switching off.

That was his biggest strength going into last season. Somewhere along the line he just completely lost his mojo. He's now a shell of what he was.

Late to the party with this one - but absolutely no surprise whatsoever that KJ has gone. The words from Jeff during last week's press conference were telling and carefully constructed, as were Jackett's own words after the Port Vale game. It's been on the cards since the takeover and it's the correct decision.

I wish Kenny Jackett the very best for the future - I hope he returns to football soon and finds success with a club that deserves to have an honorable, good man in charge. He took us as far as he could but overall, I think he leaves Molineux with good times outweighing the bad. I for one have lots of great memories of his tenure. All the best Kenny - top man.

In addition, I have found it quite amusing how people have thought this was a shock - possibly due to the timing of the announcement. But we're a different club to a fortnight ago - we will have to re-learn all sorts of things we've grown used to since the explosion of social media. I'm also taking a great deal of amusement to the overall reaction to all the activity going on since the takeover. I just intent to sit back and enjoy it. The season hasn't started yet but it's still more exciting than 2015/16!!! It won't all be plain sailing, I'm sure there'll be plenty of lows in amongst what I hope will be more highs but it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Right decision for Jackett to go. For us, and Jackett. As somebody said earlier, he was a dead man walking as soon as our form dipped, so better to deal with it now.

Zenga hopefully has a point to prove. Let's hope he makes it !

I have no idea whatsoever what we will do under Zenga at Rotherham, but I wouldn't have been optimistic under KJ.

Late to the party with this one - but absolutely no surprise whatsoever that KJ has gone. The words from Jeff during last week's press conference were telling and carefully constructed, as were Jackett's own words after the Port Vale game. It's been on the cards since the takeover and it's the correct decision.

I wish Kenny Jackett the very best for the future - I hope he returns to football soon and finds success with a club that deserves to have an honorable, good man in charge. He took us as far as he could but overall, I think he leaves Molineux with good times outweighing the bad. I for one have lots of great memories of his tenure. All the best Kenny - top man.

In addition, I have found it quite amusing how people have thought this was a shock - possibly due to the timing of the announcement. But we're a different club to a fortnight ago - we will have to re-learn all sorts of things we've grown used to since the explosion of social media. I'm also taking a great deal of amusement to the overall reaction to all the activity going on since the takeover. I just intent to sit back and enjoy it. The season hasn't started yet but it's still more exciting than 2015/16!!! It won't all be plain sailing, I'm sure there'll be plenty of lows in amongst what I hope will be more highs but it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Well said! Total agreement! I can't wait! I just want a new keeper and a striker now!

can't see us getting a new keeper in at present, although i agree with you that a top keeper would be ideal.
i assume a new striker will be coming in very shortly, but who ?

Classy. He will undoubtedly get a job soon enough.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...eaks-for-first-time-following-wolves-sacking/

Not a single negative word towards the club - the LMA statement is often when you hear a bit of retaliation from managers who have left their clubs, but nothing of the sort here. Fair play KJ - and good luck for the future. I really hope he gets back into football soon and is a success at his next club.

Retaliation for what? He could have been sacked months earlier, also i'm sure he daren't say anything out of turn through fear of breaking an NDA.

Credit to him. Classy and a gentleman to the end.

I really do think a Coventry or Sheff Utd would be fools to not look long and hard at him for their next appointment.

Back