• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

JACKETT GONE

Lupo

Reaction score
Tweet from Official Wolves

'Departs with immediate effect'

Well that was unexpected. Must have somebody in on Monday.

So long Ken.

Mostly good wishes and thanks from me. I'll elaborate at greater length tomorrow no doubt.

Thanks Kenny for all you have done. Like Mike did early on, you helped Wolves to bounce back. But sadly like Mike you stayed on a year too long.

So are the AVB rumours true I wonder..?

Fucking hell. This is all happening bloody quickly isn't it?

We will obviously have someone lined up. As Dansays, plenty to be said on KJ's time here. So many good memories he has given me.

As with DW will put my full thoughts in at a later time, but just shocked at what random timing- someone definitely coming in- maybe also a disagreement over the transfer situation?! No matter, thank you Kenny, we really do have a lot to thank you for- you exceeded expectations in your first two seasons, and with such proffesionalism, I hope that's what people remember you for- thank you.

Utterly bizarre. Something must have changed very drastically since Monday.

Isn't it weird for the club to announce something like this at 11:30pm local?

So Steve Bruce? AVB? Marco Silva? Someone must have said yes

Utterly bizarre. Something must have changed very drastically since Monday.

Isn't it weird for the club to announce something like this at 11:30pm local?

I don't remember us ever making an announcement like this at this time! Very weird

Could be KJ has accepted a job elsewhere behind the scenes.

In his own way he's made us an attractive proposition for Fosun as much as Moxeys financial management by getting us out of that God forsaken League One. I don't buy the hyperbolic 'anyone could've got us up' history and Sheff Utd reflect that.

Good luck Ken, tactical weaknesses aside you were a consummate professional. Best wishes.

I don't remember us ever making an announcement like this at this time! Very weird

That's what I was thinking. If I'm expecting announcements regarding Wolves I usually give up waiting if nothing has been said by 9am my time. To have it happen at 6:30pm EDT is nearly beyond the pale.

Maybe a decision that came directly from China? What time is it at Fosun HQ?

I reckon they have got their man otherwise they would have left him limping along. Would seem a coincidence if all those rumours about AVB that have emerged tonight are BS

The timing is weird, but it's about 6 months overdue.

Cheers for League 1 - some great memories. Sako, Dicko, KMac etc.

One or both of:

a) Someone's become available/properly interested over the last week having seen our plans
b) They've watched and listened to him over the last week and not been impressed at all

Whichever, it's mostly thanks and gratitude I have for him. Shame I can't get all those hours from last season back. But overall did a decent job, we've just moved on.

Jeff must have wanted him gone once the new signings started coming in. Perhaps he remained brieftly just to give his low-down and assessment of the current squad.

Decision came in at 7:30am CST so that could mean it's someone in Shanghai who's made the call.

A strange time for an announcement of that sort, but despite last season I hold him in high regard and wish him all the best for the future. A genuinely good man.

Thanks, Kenny - especially for the League One season, even if we shouldn't have been there.

Thanks for the first two years Ken.

Thought it was strange that he was so quiet today.

So the training ground being closed off, rumours of Talisca, KJ sacked late at night the day before a game, should we be excited for tomorrow?

We won't have done this without a plan in place.

Back