• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Sasa Kalajdzic

Who the fuck is Sam Nickell to be ITK

That barber should be careful then posting bullshit about clients on SM

Also as much as I dislike Lage I doubt he'd be the only person involved in that. If a player told you he isn't feeling fully fit I'd imagine he'd be sent to the medical staff for a review, which he had presumably already had.

Last edited:
I think there's a psychological issue here.

In the documentary he talks about how he told Lage he was fit for the Southampton game even though he wasn't.

Since then we've had GoN say some time ago that it will be a while before he is fit enough to start in the Prem.

Then we had him decide not to play for Austria

Then GON not bringing him on in either games against Luton or Liverpool.

Then last night when you'd think he'd be determined to stay on all game, he tells GON that he wants to come off!

I think he has the fear, and this perhaps is why he is being so sparingly used.

I've been banging the drum for him to start as loudly as anyone else. But that was based on his sub appearance and subsequent goal v Everton, and the fact he was in the matchday squad so I assumed he was fit and ready to go.

Watching him lumber around last night, he didn't look fit. And it's difficult to argue that he looked particularly interested either. This isn't a slight on him, btw. He seems like a really nice bloke - but he seems disillusioned/pissed off with his manager, if I had to guess.

Our whole squad is a psychological issue.

EDIT: Semi-ninja'd by Lupo.

Think it's more match sharpness than fitness tbh. His quick thinking one touch set up for Hwang was really well done.
Think it will take 2-3 months before we see what he can consistently do during which time he'll gradually increase his minutes.

Surely he would benefit more from a few 10/15 minute subs at the end of matches rather than a start until he builds up match speed if he's ever going to

I'd hoped for a decent discussion, oh well.
I mean, your inference isn't without merit. It just strikes me that nobody in the squad looks particularly "at it" mentally just now.

I mean, your inference isn't without merit. It just strikes me that nobody in the squad looks particularly "at it" mentally just now.
I'd disagree, both Neto and Hwang are in the best form of their Wolves careers and I certainly wouldn't suggest that players aren't trying?

There is a bit of a soft underbelly when things don't go our way, although 2 incidents against Luton could have lead to a copulation (!) But they didn't.

I wouldn't read too much into effort based on last night. I wouldn't say they've lacked that in any of the league games, even Brighton. I've seen plenty of Wolves 2nd 11s dial it in in that competition over the years including under managers we rate. I've also seen league games where the players have stopped having the manager, I've not seen that under O'Neil yet.

As for Sasa, whether it's physical, mental or just the manager, the easing him back in isn't consistent with how you'd expect it to be.

Yeah, less meant in terms of effort and more that everyone just seems… unsure of everything.

Back