• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Frustrating day and result.

Promising first half, miles the better side but couldn't hit the target. Second half was just abysmal. No idea why we looked so poor but everything was just worse and the subs made zero difference apart from one good strike. Not having Neto had an effect obviously, but we still should have been beating these after that first half performance.

Another ref conned for a pen and another VAR official too gutless to make him check the screen. Howard Webb needs to fuck off and the PL need to act to take it out of PGMOL's hands as they clearly can't cope. The incompetence is too systematic.

We had the potential to go into a tricky game against Spurs with another win and now we go into it on a downer.

Last edited:
Embarrassing. Very little credit in the bank for GON.

One of the worst substitute appearances I can ever recall from Fabio. Before the penalty I said to my mates - he’s a walking foul - he so obviously doesn’t engage with the ball and just fights the man. I get trying to put yourself about, but he seems clueless as to how to do it.

Awful second half and got what we deserved.

Pathetic performance from all of them in the second half, back to the first few games of the season where substitutes actually made us worse. Then compounded by that idiot (who is a disgrace to that number 9 shirt) bungling the clearance and then stupidly giving another chance for us to be shafted by incompetent officials.

Great moment for Bellegarde's equalizer but otherwise none of the subs made a positive impact and certainly none tilted the weight of the pitch in our favor.

It's a step back after a good run, for certain. We'll find out quickly just how much GO owes to Neto. After one match, it looks like the answer is "quite a lot".

Great moment for Bellegarde's equalizer but otherwise none of the subs made a positive impact and certainly none tilted the weight of the pitch in our favor.

It's a step back after a good run, for certain. We'll find out quickly just how much GO owes to Neto. After one match, it looks like the answer is "quite a lot".
TBF how much of Neto's form was down to GON too?

Yet another defeat to a bottom feeder. I don’t know how it is we’re still playing to terrible opponents, we’re practically an entirely new team from seasons ago, yet here we are

Terrible in the second half. Good for bellegarde get a goal in, at least.

Last edited:
Teams have worked out you can fall over in the box near a Wolves player and more likely than not get a penalty now from the refs and VAR.

Think a draw would have been a fair result, really didn't play like they wanted to win it, needed a deflected shot to score.

Yet another defeat to a bottom feeder. I don’t know how it is we’re still playing to our opponents, we’re practically an entirely new team from seasons ago, yet here we are

Terrible in the second half.
First defeat to a "bottom feeder" though, we've beaten Bournemouth and Everton and drew with Luton.

You can't win every game just based on position, football would be really bloody boring if that was always the case.

Back