• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-4 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Weird game annoying to throw it away so quickly twice after scoring in the second half.

1st half we were so bad we could have been 4 or 5 nil down. 2nd half we possibly edged it but somehow clawed our way back from the dead twice. And still managed to lose.

Defending was just terrible for all the goals. Kilman not covering himself in glory for two of them.

Last edited:
Only saw second half and highlights but looked a bit of a scrappy game in some respects, lots of small basic errors and not much outright classy football. Don't think there were too many major fuck ups in regards to the goals, the last was definitely the worst in my eyes. Case of fine margins in most respects and could swung the other way another day.

Gutting to lose it at the end but we didn't remotely deserve anything from the game. Could and should have been 6-0 down after 55 minutes but we showed character to get back in it.

Defensively we were appalling, Kilman partially culpable for three of their goals and we were so vulnerable in wide areas in the first half and switched off horribly for their third goal.

Wrong tactics from O'Neil, as we should have gone with 3 central midfielders. Hopefully Doherty never starts another league game for us and Gomes has to be restored in midfield if we're going to play two in there.

Game of two halves. Great advert for the Premier League but they'll be disappointed with some of the defending Clive.

Great game, both defences really poor, from us after a number of weeks of good solid displays it was a surprise, particularly from Kilman who has been excellent for a while now.

Oh well, not going to lose too much sleep about it, we still showed amazing grit and determination to fight back time and time again, and I'd take this sort of defeat over the passionless shit we were getting every time we went behind not long ago.

Edit: I did say there were more goals in this 🙈

What can you make of that?

Undone by a poor first half as it turned out. Could have been 4 or more down at half time, fought back so well in the second, just about deserved a point overall only to concede a really good goal.
I feel a lot more positive than I did at half time.
We move on and with confidence.

Christ alfuckingmighty. What a great game apart from the result. Some of the worst defending I've seen from Wolves for a while, yet we fought tooth and nail to get it back to 3-3, only for Max Fucking Kilman to be absolutely shit. He was also at fault for their 3rd. We could have been 5-0 down at half time, but the 2nd half we played pretty well going forward. Only for Clownshoes Kilman to throw it away.

Neto was anonymous the 1st half, brilliant the 2nd. What it does show is that Doherty and Bellegarde need never be in the 1st 11 again. We were twice the team without them.

Poor tactics & incorrect starting 11.

Players fought hard to make a game of it, but realistically we didn’t deserve anything.

Kilman embarrassed several times tonight.

We came into more when doc went off, I'm sure it's a coincidence

That was a crazy, crazy game with 2 dreadful defences making it incredibly entertaining!

The improvement in the 2nd half was great to see, but we still let ourselves down with Utd's last 2 goals. Though the winner was a superb finish by Mainoo.

We wouldn't have deserved the point, but I'm really heartened by the fight we showed after being down and out at half time.

Ultimately though, if don't show up for 45 minutes and continue to defend that generously even when on top, you don't deserve anything. That first half display wasn't acceptable.

They are awful....

goalkeeper shit
Centre Halfs shit
Shaw is good

We probably went at them to much and got caught beyond the ball too often.

Oh and it was a certain pen 1St half
Garnachio was offside 2nd goal

Last edited:
Poor tactics & incorrect starting 11.

Players fought hard to make a game of it, but realistically we didn’t deserve anything.

Kilman embarrassed several times tonight.
We could all see the 11 was wrong.

Unfortunately GO fell into the trap of someone looked good against some chumps and they kept their spot.
Hopefully another learning moment for GO.

Back