• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-4 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

I don't think physchology is taken into account often enough in footie, and on here.
We've had a brilliant run of games and played really well, basically according to the pre match plan, and then comes the big one.
For all the baggies are a moderate champ team, it will be all the players heard about since the draw was made and then they won it at a second gear canter.
Then along come the mess that is man u, and with the added chaos that is rashford's trip to sort out the devolution problem with the locals.
Too many of our players were expecting a walk in the park, and when the park was closed, were just buggered in their own mental plans. Ok the resilience of the squad got them back in it, but they were still patting themselves on the back, having got back into it, and were thinking of the crowd adulation when the final whistle blew, thus taking their eye off the all important ball.
It had to happen, nobody strolls through a season and wins em all, but I think we will see a serious reaction against chelski. I'm going for 2-1 to wolves, after a right battle.

The body language of the players wasn't congratulating themselves about getting the point it was about trying to win the game in the 5 minutes left. Gomes was shouting at them to stop celebrating and get back on with the game, the intention was to win it

You take your time, i mean this is just nonsense isn't it.

A) RAN, wasn't "fit again" he was wearing a knee brace last night that he wasn't wearing on Sunday

B) I am not saying he shouldn't have dropped Doc if RAN was fit.
He was wearing it (the brace/strapping) on Sunday as well by the way

He was wearing it (the brace/strapping) on Sunday as well by the way
Thanks NSL, this makes more sense of both decisions to play Doc over the last two games - which is what I've been ridiculed all day for saying.

On my birthday too, bastards the lot of ya.. :ROFLMAO:

Happy Birthday!

Please don’t take my confirmation that RAN was wearing the brace on Sunday as support for your argument for playing Doc though…! You’re not pinning that on me.

This thread is like last night's game, massively entertaining in a weird and fucked up kind of way.

Happy Birthday!

Please don’t take my confirmation that RAN was wearing the brace on Sunday as support for your argument for playing Doc though…! You’re not pinning that on me.
FFS! I don't want Doc playing LWB either, but it was the idea (that has continued all day) that there weren't mitigating reasons, such as the clear injury to RAN as to why GON had played him that were ridiculous.

Or the "he should have played RAN anyway" nonsense.

HB @Elephant Pyjamas

So our last two verdict threads have been detailed by crowd trouble and kneebracegate.

2024 is madness

HB @Elephant Pyjamas

So our last two verdict threads have been detailed by crowd trouble and kneebracegate.

2024 is madness
Well said.

As a newbie here I have been a bit perplexed by some of the comments on these 2 threads, but, I suppose the passion of supporters here would tend to see some threads get a bit derailed, especially so raw after a loss.

Well said.

As a newbie here I have been a bit perplexed by some of the comments on these 2 threads, but, I suppose the passion of supporters here would tend to see some threads get a bit derailed, especially so raw after a loss.
Take into account 1 being the Baggies and the other a last minute defeat they’re not the norm.

Also, welcome 🤗

I disagree.
Utd got a lucky early goal that should have been prevented, but we were sloppy.
This took the wind out our sails. The crowd then became flat, and gave utd the initiative.
I'm still raging at how poor that second fucking goal was to give away. From there, uphill battle.
Getting the penalty switched the momentum, and we should have been looking, from that point to potentially win the game. Instead we allowed a sub who is over 6 foot free reign in the box from a corner. He had an unchallenged header FFS, so we're on the back foot again, even though by that point were playing better football.
First goal conceded this season direct from a corner. It was sloppy but completely uncharacteristic of us this season.

Too many players had an off day, many attacking players has an off half. One of those things innit.

The body language of the players wasn't congratulating themselves about getting the point it was about trying to win the game in the 5 minutes left. Gomes was shouting at them to stop celebrating and get back on with the game, the intention was to win it
Maybe Gomes should have followed his own advice and get back on with the game rather than let Mainoo get by him so easily.

Back