• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-4 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

You can go on about Rayan Strap-Nouri if you like but he isn't even our only option.
I think this is the point. If Ait-Nouri 'does' have only 45 in him because of fitness/injury, the other left sided wing back/defender in the squad is more than able to play the other 45. What there is no need to do is play our second choice RB/RWB there.
I don't see training but I have seen all three games Bellegarde has played in the middle of the front three. He's not a false 9 and never will be on that evidence so for GON to continue picking him there is very, very strange. It had to be either a three man midfield with Gomes in and Doyle advanced or a fluid front three with Sarabia involved.

Maybe so, but equally ridiculous is the amount of exertion Doherty displays, given he's a professional athlete.

I understand the battle but it's a losing one.

I'm sure I read it was a superstitious thing. He initially hurt is wrist which required strapping. He hit form and retained it.
Sometimes it’s no different that putting your left or right boot on first etc jobby

This isn't great from Gaz either.

“The distance we’ve managed to move over the last six months – I’ve watched a few games from last season, where games like Thursday got away and it ended up five or six – so I think how far we’ve come shouldn’t be taken lightly, but that doesn’t mean we stop. We have to keep going.”

Er, we could easily have gone 5 or 6 nil down mate.

You mean the guy who can't suck it up long enough to eat veggies is ducking other responsibilities?

I'm shocked, truly.

So we're at the gaslighting stage now aren't we?

RAN wasn't injured, he was wearing the knee brace out of choice like Eric Young wore a head band in the 90s. Or as a placebo effect.

Despite him not having worn one before in any of his prior games for Wolves.
FWIW my placebo effect comment actually says in it ‘not getting involved in the RAN’ stuff. Was more a response to @AndyWolves .

I wasn’t overly against doc starting after last couple of games in all honesty, but he should’ve 💯 been hooked earlier than he was. He was fucking awful.

When others aren’t at the races, it highlighted it even more how poor he is

This isn't great from Gaz either.

Er, we could easily have gone 5 or 6 nil down mate.
Abit of Ego filling and back slapping. Thing is, some people will love that sorta thing.

I do think the team has come a fair distance from last year, but comparing a game in January to a game in April/May where there’s nothing to play for is silly

Abit of Ego filling and back slapping. Thing is, some people will love that sorta thing.

I do think the team has come a fair distance from last year, but comparing a game in January to a game in April/May where there’s nothing to play for is silly
I like how we didn't give up but really you're harking back to Lage for games where that happened, and he's been gone for ages now, as much I still get a thousand yard stare thinking of his football.

City, Liverpool or Arsenal would have had 6 last night, easily. We were shocking for large parts.

I like how we didn't give up but really you're harking back to Lage for games where that happened, and he's been gone for ages now, as much I still get a thousand yard stare thinking of his football.

City, Liverpool or Arsenal would have had 6 last night, easily. We were shocking for large parts.
We certainly wouldn't have got back into the game against better sides either.

Although I'm not sure we'd have had the same level of complacency against those sides either, it was strange. We were favourites with a lot of people last night, definitely most Wolves fans - I think it rubbed off on the players too.

I think most on here would take Rayan in a wheelchair ahead of Doc at this point, EP.
Until RAN gets crocked for a few months, that would go down like a lead balloon!

They ask Toti Gomes to do some very strange and obscure things, some of the positions he takes up and where moves is pretty bizarre at times. It's happened too many times not to be instruction. If he is going to do that then you need the person to the left of him to be aware of when and cover off some of that space when Doherty plays there we always look vulnerable on that side.
Toti (and frequently Kilman) were playing extremely high up the pitch at various points last night.

Did they just get sucked in to the idea that United are a bit of mess right now , and then we had the whole Rashford story making things even worse .
It was almost as if they weren't expecting United to come at them early , that would nearly sit back a bit .

It felt as if there was a complacency element to it , both in terms of team selection and individual performance .

also, on Casemeiro, agree with the earlier comments that he should have been off. Jarred bottled it. Ten Haag knew this, and immediatey when play restarted ten Haag arranged to sub him for McTominay, who scored very shortly after coming on.
Had Casemeiro been sent off, McTominay is unlikely to have come on/got that opportunity.

Did they just get sucked in to the idea that United are a bit of mess right now , and then we had the whole Rashford story making things even worse .
It was almost as if they weren't expecting United to come at them early , that would nearly sit back a bit .

It felt as if there was a complacency element to it , both in terms of team selection and individual performance .
Yep totally agree.

United were far more motivated and "at it" than I expected, I think our players fell into the same trap, understandable but shouldn't be happening.

I disagree.
Utd got a lucky early goal that should have been prevented, but we were sloppy.
This took the wind out our sails. The crowd then became flat, and gave utd the initiative.
I'm still raging at how poor that second fucking goal was to give away. From there, uphill battle.
Getting the penalty switched the momentum, and we should have been looking, from that point to potentially win the game. Instead we allowed a sub who is over 6 foot free reign in the box from a corner. He had an unchallenged header FFS, so we're on the back foot again, even though by that point were playing better football.

Back