• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Just watched the 30mins highlights from sky, looks like O’Neill had to refrain Derry from having a go at someone after the final whistle.
Yeah, saw that. Or was Derry just givng an
F-off to Bournemout in general?

Last edited:
LL on the podcast says we were playing 442 until we conceded. GoN shouted to go to 5 just after we conceded.

RAN started LM with Toti at LB.

Esp. if you're not media darlings. I hate it, but that's the game
Well sort of...
That's how the men's game is turning out.
I know it's not the same level technically, but when I watch the women play, there's almost none of this fucking about cheating, holding the game up for 5 minutes when a blokes arm has brushed his face... give me a fucking break you cheating fucker.
Although it's not to the same standard, it's a bit more naive, the women's game is often better to watch.

Literally just heard that, didn't see the game so don't have a view.
Judah also spuriously using the Everton 12 points unconfirmed deduction to quadruple down on the FFP bollocks from the Summer and saying how interesting he found Jeff's acid trip

Few reporters on Twitter said we started with a back 4

LL on the podcast says we were playing 442 until we conceded. GoN shouted to go to 5 just after we conceded.

RAN started LM with Toti at LB.
100% was a back four when we conceded with RAN at left midfield. It was 5 at times up until then but definitely more of a 4. We massively got caught on the goal with our shape and it was wise to go back to the 5.

It makes a lot more sense as to why RAN was so far forward for the goal.

Far play to GON for changing it so swiftly, he's not too proud to admit he's wrong.

Pretty sure GON said on MNF that it was fluid between a 4 and a 5 in and out of possession and made reference to the fact “Rayan is so flexible we know he can do both jobs” or something along those lines. Would have to go back and listen to it to know exactly what he said

Yet another example of 4 at the back not suiting our personnel too.
Having a liability at right back and a centre half at left back isn’t the best way at judging our suitability in playing a back 4.

FWIW it probably doesn’t suit us in many games regardless of personnel.

Having a liability at right back and a centre half at left back isn’t the best way at judging our suitability in playing a back 4.
Toti has played most of his career at LB, and Doherty in fairness to him is not a RB and was playing with an injury.

Aside from that, our PPG with 4 v 5 is significantly beaten by the latter.

He’s done admirably when asked to play FB but he shouldn’t be there unless forced.

Back