• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Not sure if it’s been mentioned in the thread but for the winner I thought that Hwangs ball to Sasa was very good. He’s showing an all round game that seemed alien to him (and us) a few months ago.

The pressing by Sasa to win it back was very impressive too.

One for those thinking Neto was to blame for the poor pass out, it was a risky pass agreed but he got away with it and the fact that Billing fell over the ball it was his fault not Neto's.

Agreed. I know the context of the game had changed by the 86th minute but it was that quick pass out to the midfield which got them rolling for their goal.

Difference is Brooks was switched on and progressed whereas Billing acted like he didn't want it.

I don't understand the criticism of Hwang for apparently "going down too easy". He had his legs swiped away from under him! He didn't have a choice how he went down, that's why he was so upset with the challenge.
My comment towards hwang was more this season he has gone down very easy and play acts. You’re right in the fact his legs were taken and to be fair, one of the few times he’s not shown theatrics.

In general, he does play act quite a lot.

The fact that one of our players went down too easily and got one of their players sent off is deliciously ironic with this particular opponent.

I'll never forget the appalling 'tactics' Bournemouth used to deploy under Howe.

Anyway, there's not much difference between this incident and Bellegarde's sending off at Luton. The opponent made a meal of it but both were blatant red cards. Just don't react - kicking out and head butting are only ever going to lead to one outcome.

My comment towards hwang was more this season he has gone down very easy and play acts. You’re right in the fact his legs were taken and to be fair, one of the few times he’s not shown theatrics.

In general, he does play act quite a lot.
Can't you just appreciate when the kid is doing well?

Why did it look like Neto was telling him off ?
I think he was checking / worried about whether Sasa had fouled the Bournemouth player in the build up.

Out with the old, in with the new. You can see our team starting to gel now and they genuinely look like they are enjoying playing together as a team.

Don't think Hwang goes down any easier than most other players in the league. Must admit I hate it when players over react but the sad fact is, if you don't, you lose out.
Yeah maybe. Guess I see more of hwang as watch wolves every week.

Maybe I’m just find it sad that’s the way the game is now

Esp. if you're not media darlings. I hate it, but that's the game

Yeah maybe. Guess I see more of hwang as watch wolves every week.

Maybe I’m just find it sad that’s the way the game is now
Me too, tbf it's been like it for quite a few years now.

Just watched the 30mins highlights from sky, looks like O’Neill had to refrain Derry from having a go at someone after the final whistle.

Back